- 2,885,883 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Back to the Closet and Coat Hanger: Clay Bennett's Unsettling Image of a Mitt Romney Presidency Combined with Republican Control of Congress
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump: Two Saturns Eating Their Children
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: herderians
Treat China Like the Old Soviet Union: E. J. Dionne’s Awful Solution to America’s (Perceived) Decline
E. J. Dionne, in a recent piece at Truthdig, gives a tart and accurate summary of the past decade: [I]n the first decade of the new millennium, our country squandered its international advantages, degraded its power with a long and … Continue reading
Climate Change Noah Man, John Shimkus, May Be the Next Chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee
John Shimkus, R-Ill., appears to be headed for the chairmanship of the House Energy and Commerce committee. This is the same John Shimkus who, at a committee meeting a year ago, quoted Genesis 8:21-22 as his grounds for not worrying about global climate … Continue reading
In a recent TruthDig essay, Chris Hedges (I think accurately) sizes up the Herderian Tea Party movement in America, and where it is moving us: There is a yearning by tens of millions of Americans, lumped into a diffuse and fractious movement, … Continue reading
Madera is a relatively small town of 58,000 near Fresno, Ca., and, according to the Los Angeles Times this weekend, its lone mosque has been subject to repeated acts of vandalism: [I]t was here, in one of a series of … Continue reading
At Slate this week, in an article titled “White Fright,” Christopher Hitchens doesn’t call the Tea Partiers Herderians (as I have this past month), but his description of them matches European Herderian politics perfectly. In fact, Christopher Hitchens makes the link between European ethnic politics … Continue reading
This at CBS News last night: Federal officials are investigating a fire that started overnight at the site of a new Islamic center in a Nashville suburb. Ben Goodwin of the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Department confirmed to CBS Affiliate WTVF … Continue reading
Fareed Zakaria Says No to Muslim American Collective Guilt for 9-11 and Yes to the Ground Zero Mosque
Rafiq Zakaria, a politician and Islamic scholar in India, was a voice of moderation in Islam, and raised an extraordinary son, Fareed Zakaria. Fareed Zakaria is a Yale and Harvard trained political scientist, and has become a prominent voice for reason and the Enlightenment in the … Continue reading
The Ground-Zero Mosque: Barack Obama Rejects Muslim Collective Guilt for 9-11 and Affirms American Values
President Barack Obama does not oppose the building of the Cordoba Mosque a few blocks down from the former site of the World Trade Center. And this is why I support the man. When it counts, Barack Obama is a man of the Enlightenment. … Continue reading
What would the German Protestant Pastor, Martin Niemöller, say about contemporary Christian nationalists (which I would call American Herderites) who brand their fellow American Muslims with collective guilt for 9-11, and seek to prevent them, because of this collective guilt, from … Continue reading
Rather than treating people as Lockean individuals, Republican presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty, attempting to score points with the Herderite Tea Party base of the Republican Party, treats American Muslims as collectively responsible for 9-11. This from the August 9, 2010 … Continue reading