- 2,825,403 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Lord Byron's pro-war poem?
- Howard Nemerov and Learning from History
- Two Interesting UFO Documents: The "Smith Memo" (1950) and Physicist Robert Sarbacher's 1983 Letter
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: Indiana
The final scene of Dead Poet’s Society, in which a group of students stand up to the authoritarian power structure at their school, and align themselves with a good teacher who has been unjustly maligned, strikes me as an apt metaphor … Continue reading
From Salon.com this morning: Ohio and Indiana — along with Virginia (13 electoral votes) and North Carolina (15) — are the early-bird, carried-by-Bush states that will determine whether political mavens will show up at work Wednesday morning bleary-eyed from fatigue … Continue reading
Gabriel Winant at Salon.com thinks it’s possible: Despite recent developments, and a thriving local Democratic Party, McCain still has to be considered the favorite. But when George W. Bush moved to steal Tennessee out from under Al Gore, it drew … Continue reading
According to KARE 11 television in Minneapolis, Republicans are blatantly playing the race card in a congressional contest in Minnesota: A Republican attack ad invites viewers to “meet the real Ashwin Madia,” but the still photos featured in the spot … Continue reading
TalkingPointsMemo has just put together a startling poll chart comparison that should thrill Obama supporters—and sober McCain backers: We’ve drawn up a chart comparing the Real Clear Politics averages right now in 13 core battleground states with the RCP averages … Continue reading
McMemory Lapse: John McCain Struggles With His Memory on National Television, Reminding Viewers of the Age Issue
Is 72 year old Republican John McCain’s cognitive ability showing signs of decline? You betcha!: Dr. Robert Epstein, former editor-in-chief of Psychology Today, on aging and cognitive abilities: [S]everal studies conducted over the past decade or so show that when … Continue reading
With Just 11 Days to Go Before the Election, FiveThirtyEight.com Says That McCain Has Just Had His WORST Polling Day of the Year
Source: FiveThirtyEight.com These poll numbers, released Oct. 23rd (yesterday), must be alarming to McCain-Palin strategists. And it is now Oct. 24th, which means that McCain has just eleven days to turn the numbers around. But not even Montana seems securely locked … Continue reading
Ron Howard, Andy Griffith, and “The Fonz”—Henry Winkler—Team Up Again to Do an Obama Commercial. To See It, Click the Link Here
See it here in high resolution. And see a very brief Youtube on the ad here: I think it’s life affirming to see Andy Griffith getting a chance to live long enough to perhaps vote for the first African American president, and … Continue reading
I Made a Homemade “Obama 08” Sign, and Somebody Stole It. Now I’ve Painted “Obama 08” in My Frontyard Tree. They Can’t Steal My Tree, Can They?
Below is my first sign, which I put up this weekend, and was stolen a few days later. Notice the tree behind the sign, and its smooth bark. That’s where I put my second sign, this morning, after somebody violated my right … Continue reading
Colin Powell Endorses Barack: Says Obama Has a “calm, patient, intellectual, steady approach to problem solving.”
“Cool Poise”: Novelist Garrison Keillor Endorses Barack Obama—Admiring His Equanimity in the Face of Ridiculous Personal Attacks and Innuendo
Garrison Keillor today on Barack and Michelle Obama: The campaign against him is not one that anybody will point to with pride in years to come. It is a long trail of honking and flapping and traces of green slime, … Continue reading
William F. Buckley’s Son Endorses Obama: For Plain Good Humor and Thoughtfulness, Christopher Buckley’s Endorsement of Obama is a Great Read
Buckley has a great sense of humor, and is very, very smart. His support for Obama is also sincere—he is not joking. This will be his first time voting for a Democrat: I’ve read Obama’s books, and they are first-rate. … Continue reading
“He is a decent person, and a person that you do not have to be scared as President of the United States”: John McCain on Barack Obama, Refusing to Demonize His Opponent
I am super proud of John McCain tamping down the more hysterical statements of those at his rallies. It reminds me of the McCain that I have sometimes admired—such as the one who, during the primaries, said (against Mitt Romney) … Continue reading
Obama Zings McCain: In Erratic and Uncertain Times We Don’t Need “Erratic and Uncertain Leadership.” The Housing Crisis is Obama’s Example of McCain Offering Confused Leadership
I agree with Obama that McCain frequently flops around like a fish out of water trying to figure out what his positions are on issues, but I think that Obama needs to be careful here. He’s likely to be the … Continue reading
What’s the Matter with Oklahoma? New Polls Show McCain Trouncing Obama—in Oklahoma! (But Nowhere Else.)
Latest polling numbers compiled at FiveThirtyEight.com. Yet another great polling day for Obama: