- 2,503,422 readers since June 2008
- anita on What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Anonymous on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Experimented upon at Auschwitz
- Elijah Leon on David Berlinski defends God’s role in the Holocaust: “God did not protect his chosen people…[but] did…smite their enemies, with generations to come in mourning or obsessed by shame.”
- John on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Sue on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- x on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Tori Lahaye on Why was Socrates Put to Death?
- Anonymous on Islam vs. Christianity, and the Mark of the Beast
- Julien Myrrhe on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Þögul ástríða eða villtar nætur? – Bókaskápur Ástu S. on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Vickie on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Sakib on Islam vs. Christianity, and the Mark of the Beast
- Christopher Giustolisi on The Line Between Blasphemy and Iconoclasm: Why PZ Myers Crossed It, and Why Atheists Should Take Him to Task for Doing So
- Angela Monique Sylvester on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Santi Tafarella on If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- In the Free Will Debate, Does the Truth Matter?
- Self Calming: 86 Ways To Activate Your Parasympathetic Nervous System
- With Stormy Daniels, The Power of Sex–Not the Russians, Not the Majority of Voters–May Finally Achieve Trump’s Unraveling
- Tariffs Are for Friends of Trump–But Not the Rest of Us
- If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- Trump Slurs His Speech–Again
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 1 year ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 1 year ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGroper Donald P. Groper. Donald Trump is done, right? 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGrabber Donald P. Grabber. Donald Trump is done. 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Iran
It doesn’t mean peace with Iran, but it’s a first step. And Iran is one of the big reasons I supported so vigorously President Obama’s reelection in 2012. I didn’t want to see a war between the United States and … Continue reading
And President Obama clearly wants no part of it. This was at Time magazine last month: Inside Israel, reports persist that prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu and defense chief Ehud Barak are determined to launch a strike, and American officials continue to … Continue reading
On Libya, Mitt Romney channeled George Bush yesterday. By contrast, Barack Obama was sane and calm. __________ Obviously, if we’re to have any hope of avoiding war in the Middle East over the next several years, President Obama needs to be … Continue reading
As evidenced by the recent ill-treatment of Christian Rimsha Masih, the average Pakistani Muslim, in approving that treatment, appears to take his or her Islam straight. In the past 24 hours, Rimsha, so that she does not get murdered prior … Continue reading
Concerning Paul Ryan’s activity today, this is in the NYT: Paul Ryan . . . traveled to Las Vegas to meet with Sheldon Adelson, the casino mogul who has pledged to spend up to $100 million to defeat the president. Wow. … Continue reading
Nope. This is at the Iranian news agency website this morning (the FARS News Agency online): Addressing a defense gathering here in Tehran on Sunday, General Firouzabadi said that nations should realize the threats and dangers posed by the Zionist regime … Continue reading
I don’t believe that dreams, in some psychic sense, have predictive powers. But I also don’t believe that dreams are wholly random “night-static.” Like Freud, I assume that dreams are at least sometimes routes to otherwise unconscious wishes and anxieties … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan explains: Netanyahu desperately needs US cover for an attack; and is furious he cannot simply push them around as he was once wont to do. Nonetheless, he has a united Republican front in Romney, Santorum and Gingrich, funded … Continue reading
An option for dealing with Iran—the one President Obama would certainly prefer if Israel was led by a liberal politician and the Republicans were not so bat-shit crazy—is containment: let the Iranians develop their nuclear bomb(s) and live, as best … Continue reading
It certainly appears that Sheldon Adelson would have more than a little bit of responsibility for America’s war with Iran, should it occur. Here’s an alarming bit of background on Sheldon Adelson in the Financial Times on Sunday: Then there is Sheldon Adelson, … Continue reading
In the hopes of winning reelection, President Barack Obama will bomb Iran. That’s my prediction for the second half of 2012. I say this for three reasons: Economic sanctions and diplomacy are not slowing Iran’s nuclear weapons program. Netanyahu is … Continue reading
You can’t say we weren’t warned. This was in the Jerusalem Post yesterday: Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s strategist provided the legal and religious justification for the annihilation of Israel and the Jewish people, in a document published on conservative Farsi website Alef. Reports … Continue reading
Short war scenarios tend to be delusional, but Benjamin Netanyahu appears to think that he can initiate one against Iran. Seriously. The following was reported in the Washington Post yesterday: A “short-war” scenario assumes five days or so of limited Israeli … Continue reading
An Egyptian elementary school teacher and Islamic Brotherhood supporter, Ala al-Din, leaving Friday prayers in Cairo last week, told a reporter for Ynet, Eldad Beck, something I regard as quite chilling: [A]ll Egyptian Muslims are willing to embark on Jihad … Continue reading
Arnaud De Borchgrave is a realpolitik conservative who’s 85 years-old, but he’s still in the game. Of Iran he recently wrote the following for the Washington Times: What former CENTCOM commanders and Israeli intelligence chiefs have in common is intimate knowledge of Iran’s formidable … Continue reading
___ I’m feeling increasingly bleak about the human future going into 2012. I say this without the least pleasure because I have two small children (one is five, the other is eight). I don’t want anything I point to here … Continue reading
The Jerusalem Post today quotes Wim Kortenoeven expressing concern over Israel’s ongoing existence should Iran acquire nuclear weapons. Kortenoeven, described by the Post as “a leading expert on the Middle East” and an official of Holland’s Party of Freedom, is … Continue reading
Not knowing they were in the presence of live mikes, Haaretz reports that French President Sarkozy and US President Obama were recently recorded trash-talking Israeli Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu: Sarkzozy reportedly told Obama he belived Netanyahu to be a “liar” … Continue reading
The following comes from Raymond Learsy at PoHuff, summarizing part of a report in the New York Times from Nov 5, 2011: [T]he International Atomic Energy Agency Report . . . is expected to spell out that Iran has conducted tests … Continue reading
The Jerusalem Post today quotes Ayatollah Mahmoud Alavi, a senior cleric in Iran, as saying that Israel (which he calls “the Zionist regime” and “a cornered cat”) “will receive a crushing response from the Islamic Republic” if it tries to take out Iran’s … Continue reading