- 2,820,332 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Donna Haraway's Question: Would I Rather Be A Goddess Or A Cyborg?
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Tag Archives: Iran
It doesn’t mean peace with Iran, but it’s a first step. And Iran is one of the big reasons I supported so vigorously President Obama’s reelection in 2012. I didn’t want to see a war between the United States and … Continue reading
And President Obama clearly wants no part of it. This was at Time magazine last month: Inside Israel, reports persist that prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu and defense chief Ehud Barak are determined to launch a strike, and American officials continue to … Continue reading
On Libya, Mitt Romney channeled George Bush yesterday. By contrast, Barack Obama was sane and calm. __________ Obviously, if we’re to have any hope of avoiding war in the Middle East over the next several years, President Obama needs to be … Continue reading
As evidenced by the recent ill-treatment of Christian Rimsha Masih, the average Pakistani Muslim, in approving that treatment, appears to take his or her Islam straight. In the past 24 hours, Rimsha, so that she does not get murdered prior … Continue reading
Concerning Paul Ryan’s activity today, this is in the NYT: Paul Ryan . . . traveled to Las Vegas to meet with Sheldon Adelson, the casino mogul who has pledged to spend up to $100 million to defeat the president. Wow. … Continue reading
Nope. This is at the Iranian news agency website this morning (the FARS News Agency online): Addressing a defense gathering here in Tehran on Sunday, General Firouzabadi said that nations should realize the threats and dangers posed by the Zionist regime … Continue reading
I don’t believe that dreams, in some psychic sense, have predictive powers. But I also don’t believe that dreams are wholly random “night-static.” Like Freud, I assume that dreams are at least sometimes routes to otherwise unconscious wishes and anxieties … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan explains: Netanyahu desperately needs US cover for an attack; and is furious he cannot simply push them around as he was once wont to do. Nonetheless, he has a united Republican front in Romney, Santorum and Gingrich, funded … Continue reading
An option for dealing with Iran—the one President Obama would certainly prefer if Israel was led by a liberal politician and the Republicans were not so bat-shit crazy—is containment: let the Iranians develop their nuclear bomb(s) and live, as best … Continue reading
It certainly appears that Sheldon Adelson would have more than a little bit of responsibility for America’s war with Iran, should it occur. Here’s an alarming bit of background on Sheldon Adelson in the Financial Times on Sunday: Then there is Sheldon Adelson, … Continue reading
In the hopes of winning reelection, President Barack Obama will bomb Iran. That’s my prediction for the second half of 2012. I say this for three reasons: Economic sanctions and diplomacy are not slowing Iran’s nuclear weapons program. Netanyahu is … Continue reading
You can’t say we weren’t warned. This was in the Jerusalem Post yesterday: Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s strategist provided the legal and religious justification for the annihilation of Israel and the Jewish people, in a document published on conservative Farsi website Alef. Reports … Continue reading
Short war scenarios tend to be delusional, but Benjamin Netanyahu appears to think that he can initiate one against Iran. Seriously. The following was reported in the Washington Post yesterday: A “short-war” scenario assumes five days or so of limited Israeli … Continue reading
An Egyptian elementary school teacher and Islamic Brotherhood supporter, Ala al-Din, leaving Friday prayers in Cairo last week, told a reporter for Ynet, Eldad Beck, something I regard as quite chilling: [A]ll Egyptian Muslims are willing to embark on Jihad … Continue reading
Arnaud De Borchgrave is a realpolitik conservative who’s 85 years-old, but he’s still in the game. Of Iran he recently wrote the following for the Washington Times: What former CENTCOM commanders and Israeli intelligence chiefs have in common is intimate knowledge of Iran’s formidable … Continue reading
___ I’m feeling increasingly bleak about the human future going into 2012. I say this without the least pleasure because I have two small children (one is five, the other is eight). I don’t want anything I point to here … Continue reading
The Jerusalem Post today quotes Wim Kortenoeven expressing concern over Israel’s ongoing existence should Iran acquire nuclear weapons. Kortenoeven, described by the Post as “a leading expert on the Middle East” and an official of Holland’s Party of Freedom, is … Continue reading
Not knowing they were in the presence of live mikes, Haaretz reports that French President Sarkozy and US President Obama were recently recorded trash-talking Israeli Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu: Sarkzozy reportedly told Obama he belived Netanyahu to be a “liar” … Continue reading
The following comes from Raymond Learsy at PoHuff, summarizing part of a report in the New York Times from Nov 5, 2011: [T]he International Atomic Energy Agency Report . . . is expected to spell out that Iran has conducted tests … Continue reading
The Jerusalem Post today quotes Ayatollah Mahmoud Alavi, a senior cleric in Iran, as saying that Israel (which he calls “the Zionist regime” and “a cornered cat”) “will receive a crushing response from the Islamic Republic” if it tries to take out Iran’s … Continue reading