- 2,777,105 readers since June 2008
- barneybettyhill on Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
- Glenn Hall on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- The Journey Starts Now: How To Discover What Motivates Us - Yellow Parachute Learning Partners on Human Beings are “Purpose Maximizers, Not Profit Maximizers”
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- An Atheist Writes a Poem: Thomas Hardy's "Hap"
- Suicide is Painless? Albert Camus's First Problem of Philosophy---and the Southern Novelist Walker Percy's Answer to It
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- The Difference Between Having An Ideology And Having An Agenda
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Shakespeare, James Joyce, and the Dirty Encoding in Britney Spears's "If U Seek Amy"
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 6 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Trump cares more about dead traitors than live patriots. RT this @votevets ad & tell your followers https://t.co/OD5Z… 1 week ago
- RT @ltgrusselhonore: Make a note, We need to forbid police and federal agents from using military uniforms . The camo uniforms are meant to… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MittRomney: Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying t… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: jihad
It occurs to me this evening that Charlie Chaplin’s classic globe dance, as a means of trying to enter and represent visually the psyche of Hitler, is curiously apropos to the why question surrounding Paris tonight. The idea of violently … Continue reading
A razor sharp bit of analysis from Rafia Zakaria, a Pakistani columnist in Pakistan, on why the Boston Marathon bombing grips the world’s attention even as the death count is low: As a weekly columnist for the Pakistani newspaper Dawn, I’ve … Continue reading
Hamza Kashgari’s Muhammad Birthday Tweets Unleash the Jihad on Him—and Silence from the Obama Administration
Saudi writer Hamza Kashgari’s handful of ambivalent tweets about Islam’s superhero, Muhammad (such as this one, “On your birthday, I shall not bow to you. I shall not kiss your hand. Rather, I shall shake it as equals do, and smile … Continue reading
“Heathen”: J. Robert Smith revives an old-school religious word, applies it to Barack Obama, and calls for what amounts to a religious war against him
Heathen leftists? Here’s J. Robert Smith in a recent essay for the Rush Limbaugh funded American Thinker: “We have a president and a party (infested with a cabal of heathen leftists) whose grand design is to bloat the state and, hence, … Continue reading
According to Wikipedia, Abdul Nacer Benbrika is an Australian Muslim convicted, in 2008, of organizing a terror cell within Australia: The trial of Benbrika began in February 2008. The charges against him included, “intentionally being members of a terrorist organisation involved in … Continue reading
America vs. Global Terrorism: What Happens When Ahab’s Pursuit of the White Whale Takes Place in Real Time?
Robert Wright, in the New York Times this weekend, articulated clearly his view of how the viral terrorism meme spreads, in an age of global communication, to psychologically susceptible people (like Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan): One reason killing terrorists can spread terrorism is that … Continue reading
Below, more far right President Obama hatred. By the way, death threats directed toward the president have gone up 400% since his election, and the number of death threats dwarfs those received by previous presidents. The teabaggers are keeping the Secret Service … Continue reading