- 2,820,342 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- Escher's Ants on a Mobius Strip: Blake's Moving Image of Eternity, Kafka's prison, or Dostoevsky's Spider?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 8 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Tag Archives: lesbian
I recently watched the first two hours of a three hour documentary on the American women’s movement (I found it at a local library, then bought it at Amazon to have my own copy). It’s titled, Makers: Women Who Make … Continue reading
Jim Crow, Kansas style. In Kansas, Tea Party Republicans don’t just oppose gay marriage, they also favor a law that would allow business owners to discriminate against gay couples. The following bill is winding its way through the Kansas House … Continue reading
Law professor Andrew Koppelman of Northwestern is quoted this morning in The New York Times as saying the following: It is becoming increasingly clear to judges that if they rule against same-sex marriage their grandchildren will regard them as bigots. … Continue reading
Blue is the Warmest Color, a lesbian coming-of-age film, is three hours long, but Richard Corliss of Time calls it unmissable.
The following was reported at The Huffington Post this week: Roger Gorley went to Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo., on Tuesday to visit Allen, his partner of five years. But when he got there, a member of Allen’s … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan goes after the canard that legalizing gay marriage might spike divorce rates in the United States: Washington State’s divorce rate [where gay marriage is already legal] is lower than Idaho’s [where it’s not]; divorce rates across the country … Continue reading
A same-sex bi-national couple is a homosexual American married to a homosexual foreigner, and President Obama means for such a couple to be included in immigration reform. In the below clip, John McCain is clearly broadsided by a question about … Continue reading
North Carolina Baptist Pastor Charles Worley’s Final Solution To The Gay Problem In America: Concentration Camps With Electrified Fences
I’m dumbfounded. This man claims to be a follower of Hitler Jesus. __________ If Charles Worley’s Baptist congregation is not independent, but part of a larger denominational affiliation of Baptist congregations, then it’s incumbent upon the leaders of this affiliation to speak … Continue reading
The Republicans are reluctant to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act this year. Why? Because nondiscrimination against lesbians is included in the bill. The poet Adrienne Rich, who died this past month at the age of 82 and who raised … Continue reading
In the first month of his presidency, President Obama signed into law the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay bill, assuring that women who believe they have been subject to wage discrimination get their due day in court. The bill made it … Continue reading
Here’s a stunner from CBS News: In 2006, [Michelle] Bachmann said her husband had told her to get a post-doctorate degree in tax law. “Tax law? I hate taxes,” she continued. “Why should I go into something like that? But the … Continue reading
Every American election cycle seems to come with at least one socially conservative wedge issue that sharply divides right from left and draws (disproportionately right-wing) voters to the polls. Albert Mohler, president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, predicts that 2012 will … Continue reading
Lawyer and philosopher Linda Hirshman thinks President Obama’s recent decision not to defend in court section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act is political gold for the Democrats. Here’s the link to her interesting article at Salon: http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/02/23/hirshman_obama_doma/index.html
A revelation and change of heart, and an example to other politicians facing tough decisions:
19-year-old Iowan college student Zach Wahls’s self-possession and public speaking ability is remarkable—and he was raised by a lesbian couple. Here he is defending his two mothers against a discriminatory law being proposed in his state:
To my mind, this imaginative dialogue between two teddy bears perfectly exposes the intellectual incoherences of the anti-gay rights movement.
Qatar is one of the more liberal countries in the Islamic world, but hosting the World Cup in 2022 is still looking to be a tightrope walk for navigating the tensions inherent between Islam and the secular West. This was at Salon recently: … Continue reading
The religious right’s meltdown over the end of DADT continues apace. Here’s what “Baptist ethicist” Richard Land recently wrote to President Obama concerning the consequences of DADT repeal: [H]omosexual behavior cannot be normalized without rejecting God’s moral standards (Lev. 18:22; 20:13; … Continue reading
What would your older self say to your younger self, if you could? That’s the premise behind the It Gets Better Project: older gays and lesbians attempt to persuade gay and lesbian teens contemplating suicide to refrain and look with … Continue reading
And the senator responds: Know hope.