- 2,145,888 readers since June 2008
- Andreas on Does Emily Dickinson Call Herself “the only kangaroo among the beauty” in One of Her Poems?
- Anonymous on “And if I claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that I don’t know”: Socratic Skepticism in a Kansas Song (1976)
- Anonymous on What does it mean to live in a contingent universe?
- Vivek narain on What does it mean to live in a contingent universe?
- Angiportus on Donald Trump’s Loaded Gun–and Emily Dickinson’s
- waaltje on Daniel Dennett: the Vanquisher of “Deepity” Religion—and Poetry?
- lala on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Quatermain on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Jon barnes on LHC Watch: Physicist Otto Rossler Thinks the Large Hadron Collider Could Destroy the Earth
- Santi Tafarella on A Get Rich Quick Scheme Using Religion That Actually Works
- krishna on A Get Rich Quick Scheme Using Religion That Actually Works
- Marcus on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Jim Taylor on Dance With Me (In The Interpretation Of Lines From Yeats)
- Hatshof on Evolution v. Creation Metaphor Watch: The First Big Salvo in the Metaphor War Comes From Darwin’s “Origin of Species” (1859)
- Why Are you Reading This? on How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- "Symbols": A Poem by Christina Rossetti
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- In Evolution We Trust?: England Puts Charles Darwin on the Back of Its Ten Pound Bank Note
- About Santi Tafarella
- Life perspective. Sunset on Mars, taken by Curiosity. Monday is NASA's big press conference. wp.me/pgUXj-8tI via @wordpressdotcom 8 months ago
- RT @NewHorizons2015: http://t.co/uzrQF2kuh5 10 months ago
- From A Lion Behind A Bush To God Behind The Oz Curtain: The Evolution Of God Belief wp.me/pgUXj-8qV via @wordpressdotcom 11 months ago
- Deee-Lite - "Groove Is In The Heart" (Official Music Video): youtu.be/gzoEK545j64 via @YouTube 1 year ago
- CNN Distraction: Family of ducks tries to cross highway: youtu.be/mGMzGxeO1wQ via @YouTube 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Mary
This is a trippy Armenian Christian image of Mary meeting up with Elizabeth while Jesus and John the Baptist are still in their bellies: The softness and sympathy of the women’s exchange of glances—so humane and accessible—is rather curiously contrasted with the mature and severe … Continue reading
From Wikipedia: The original Greek version of the New Testament (Novum Testamentum Graece) uses the term parousia (παρουσία from the Greek literal meaning of parousia: divine presence, derived from “para“: beside, beyond, and “ousia“: substance) the “appearance and subsequent presence … Continue reading
And then along comes Mary. I like the song’s powerful evocation of honesty. Mary is this powerful persona who breaks through all the games and bullshit around her, and brings clarity and vision. When Mary comes around, the emperor better have his … Continue reading