- 2,358,779 readers since June 2008
- Delphinium Flower on Four Hundred Fifty Antisemitic Verses In The Gospels And Book of Acts
- Nick Reid on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- newscluesandafewblues on American Nazis at Jefferson’s Statue: That Image from Charlottesville I Can’t Get Out of My Mind
- Anonymous on American Nazis at Jefferson’s Statue: That Image from Charlottesville I Can’t Get Out of My Mind
- Vincent on American Nazis at Jefferson’s Statue: That Image from Charlottesville I Can’t Get Out of My Mind
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Zygmunt Bauman On What Made The Holocaust Possible (And Whether Something Like It Could Happen Again)
- A Golden Rule for the 21st Century? And a Quote That Rivals Anything in Shakespeare or the Bible?
- Partially Excited States: An Interview With Charles Hood
- American Nazis at Jefferson’s Statue: That Image from Charlottesville I Can’t Get Out of My Mind
- Distract, Maul, And Dominate: Donald Trump’s CNN Wrestling Video GIF And Hitler’s Reichstag Fire
- What Does It Mean For God To Exist, Think, And Act?
- Trump and Authoritarianism
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 7 months ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 7 months ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 9 months ago
- #DonaldPGroper Donald P. Groper. Donald Trump is done, right? 10 months ago
- #DonaldPGrabber Donald P. Grabber. Donald Trump is done. 10 months ago
Tag Archives: Mary
This is a trippy Armenian Christian image of Mary meeting up with Elizabeth while Jesus and John the Baptist are still in their bellies: The softness and sympathy of the women’s exchange of glances—so humane and accessible—is rather curiously contrasted with the mature and severe … Continue reading
From Wikipedia: The original Greek version of the New Testament (Novum Testamentum Graece) uses the term parousia (παρουσία from the Greek literal meaning of parousia: divine presence, derived from “para“: beside, beyond, and “ousia“: substance) the “appearance and subsequent presence … Continue reading
And then along comes Mary. I like the song’s powerful evocation of honesty. Mary is this powerful persona who breaks through all the games and bullshit around her, and brings clarity and vision. When Mary comes around, the emperor better have his … Continue reading