- 2,881,432 readers since June 2008
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ray Léonard on In praise of Chateauneuf (Voltaire’s godfather and tutor)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Love is Worth Fighting For: A Little Life Lesson from Perseus and the Medusa
- Who Says Gay Marriage Isn't Part of Western Civilization?: Gay Marriage Between Gilgamesh and Enkidu in Mesopotamia Circa 2500 BCE
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Donna Haraway's Question: Would I Rather Be A Goddess Or A Cyborg?
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Michael Savage
In the Wikipedia article on “malignant narcissism” (a phrase coined by Erich Fromm in 1964), the list of symptoms associated with it struck me as rather parallel to the traits that you tend to encounter when dialing into right-wing shout … Continue reading
How about WTF instead? The far right’s murderous id impulses toward President Barack Obama keep drifting to the surface, don’t they? This today at Alternet: On Saturday, a user on Facebook posted a poll asking, “Should Obama be killed?” The … Continue reading
Whether or not the source for H1N1 was a Mexican pig farm (and this is by no means certain), the implication that this virus is somehow a “Mexican flu” and should be called Mexican flu borders on the racist, and carries … Continue reading
Vietnamese American Congressman, Joseph Cao, Calls Immigration Comments of Michael Savage “Repulsive” and “Borderline Racist”
Rep. Joseph Cao, the first Vietnamese American to serve as a US congressman, today called radio host Michael Savage’s recent comments on immigrants “repulsive” and “borderline racist.” Cao, by the way, is a Republican. Let’s hope that the future of … Continue reading
McCain and Palin Continue to Lie About “Bridge to Nowhere”: Conservative Wall Street Journal Reports That “Record Contradicts Palin’s ‘Bridge’ Claims”
Today’s Wall Street Journal has a full article on Palin’s “Bridge to Nowhere” claims. Money quote: Despite significant evidence to the contrary, the McCain campaign continues to assert that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told the federal government “thanks but no thanks” … Continue reading
The next time John McCain says that Sarah Palin is a good-government reformer because she opposed the pork-barrel federal “Bridge to Nowhere” Alaska project, I hope that the electorate starts to absorb the FACT that as a candidate for governor, she supported the “Bridge … Continue reading
Experience is Humanity’s “Least Fallible Guide”: Conservative George Will Makes a Conservative Case Against McCain’s VP-Pick, Sarah Palin
George Will of the Washington Post says that the Palin VP pick is not in accord with traditional conservative sobriety and caution. Money quote: The word “experience” appears 91 times in the Federalist Papers, those distillations of conservative sense and … Continue reading