- 2,882,161 readers since June 2008
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ray Léonard on In praise of Chateauneuf (Voltaire’s godfather and tutor)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Gay Marriage and Thomism
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- Fight or Flight? Two Ways to Read Matthew Arnold's Poem, "Requiescat" (1849)
- "The Future Has Been Shown to Me to the Year 2037": Jeane Dixon and the Marketing of Miracle, Mystery, and Authority
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Michigan
Separated at birth? Jennifer Granholm’s mannerisms and expressions below remind me of John Cusack’s when he’s acting manic or otherwise cutting up (such as in his film, High Fidelity). __________
This new reality series seems hopeful: ___ I’ve long thought, and still think, that American Muslims represent Islam’s future (which I take to be the religion’s gradual but definite liberalization and rapprochement with western Enlightenment modernism). I’m betting that a century from now the … Continue reading
I recently watched Roger and Me—Micheal Moore’s late-1980s documentary on the economic decline of his hometown of Flint, Michigan—and what upended me is how prophetic the film is. If you want to see what’s happening to America today, have another looksie at Moore’s survey … Continue reading
THE SCARLET LETTER “B”: John McCain, Sarah Palin, and Drudge Have Been Relentlessly Pushing a Race-Baiting Story That Has Just Been Revealed as a HOAX
Both John McCain and Sarah Palin have shamelessly tried to get racial-fear mileage out of a story that now seems not to be true. The girl who claimed yesterday to have been mugged and branded by a black man with a … Continue reading
Colin Powell Endorses Barack: Says Obama Has a “calm, patient, intellectual, steady approach to problem solving.”
McCain’s having a bit of message incoherence:
Josh Marshall, of Talking Points Memo, nicely sums up Sarah Palin’s troopergate scandal: We rely on elected officials not to use the power of their office to pursue personal agendas or vendettas. It’s called an abuse of power. There is … Continue reading
If Obama becomes president, I get a sense that he will have a good relationship with General Petraeus. And I also get a sense, by the very fact that Petraeus answered the man’s question, that he is signalling that he … Continue reading
Sullivan’s website is the most visited single-person political (and social) commentary blog in the world. And it just got a new design. Check it out here.
Republican John McCain Says He Wants to “Turn the Page” on All This Economy Talk in The Last Weeks of The Campaign, and Launch Swift-Boat Style Attacks on Barack Obama. Here is Barack Obama’s Retort.
McCain Wants to “Turn the Page” of Our Attention Away from the Financial Crisis?! “We Can’t Afford Another President This Out of Touch,” Says Obama-Biden
Be Afraid Now: Highly Respected Economist and Forbes Columnist, Nouriel Roubini, Says Our Financial System “Is Now In Cardiac Arrest”
If you’re wondering why the stock market continued to plunge on Friday, despite the bailout being passed and signed by the president, it may be because the financial system has already passed a threshold, and is now in systemic collapse. Nouriel … Continue reading
The outcome of the VP debate seems pretty clear: Biden reassured voters that adults would be minding the “store” if the Obama-Biden ticket wins, and Palin did not assure voters that she is presidential timber. Palin’s folksy “aw shucks” and “golly-gee” … Continue reading
Dr. Strangelove in Des Moines: John McCain, Rocking in a Chair, And On The Verge of Blowing in Response to Some Tough Questions, Echoes Dr. Strangelove
John McCain fielding questions from the editors of the Des Moines Register: And Dr. Strangelove fielding questions in the War Room:
See Here Katie Couric Ask Sarah Palin, ‘What Other Supreme Court Decisions Do You Disagree With?’—And Watch Palin Flail. She Doesn’t Know the Names of Any Supreme Court Decisions—Not a Single One—Except Roe v. Wade!
“Let’s Do the Time Warp Again”: Two People Accidently Walk-in on McCain-Palin Campaign Headquarters, 2008
Eight more years?
Jimmy Kimmel: “John McCain showed up without running mate Sarah Palin, which is a shame because she actually has a lot of experience with financial matters. You know, she lives right next to a bank.” See a full definition of … Continue reading
Glenn Greenwald Weighs in on Sarah Palin’s Creepy Isolation from the Media, and Declares That It Is “Conclusively, Disturbingly Clear” That McCain is Shielding Palin from Scrutiny by Voters
At the end of her debate with Joe Biden, Sarah Palin signalled that she would be speaking to the American people without the filter of the mainstream media. Translation: She won’t be taking questions from the press, and she’ll be … Continue reading