- 2,767,088 readers since June 2008
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Fake People, Pure Product - Ordinary Times on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Hailee Steinfeld’s ‘Afterlife’ Debuts in New ‘Dickinson’ Trailer - Screen Times on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- What Does Thomas Muthee Say Happened to Mama Jane? Sarah Palin's Exorcist, Thomas Muthee, Tells What He Did to Mama Jane, the "Witch" of Kiambu
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: John Heartfield's Art Depicted the Murderous Nature of Hitler's Nazi State
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Henry James' "The Last of the Valerii": Breaking the Spell of Religion?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Rachel Bitecofer on who the VP pick should be is in The New York Times today. #ShhhRachelBiticoferisspeaking 4 days ago
- RT @ProjectLincoln: 📺 Mourning In America https://t.co/djkH0ySCqo 3 weeks ago
- AOC says it well. twitter.com/CNN/status/108… 1 year ago
- nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 year ago
- RT @mrchan: So much has changed in America, and yet so much hasn't https://t.co/x2mthUr4Kc 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Michigan
Separated at birth? Jennifer Granholm’s mannerisms and expressions below remind me of John Cusack’s when he’s acting manic or otherwise cutting up (such as in his film, High Fidelity). __________
This new reality series seems hopeful: ___ I’ve long thought, and still think, that American Muslims represent Islam’s future (which I take to be the religion’s gradual but definite liberalization and rapprochement with western Enlightenment modernism). I’m betting that a century from now the … Continue reading
I recently watched Roger and Me—Micheal Moore’s late-1980s documentary on the economic decline of his hometown of Flint, Michigan—and what upended me is how prophetic the film is. If you want to see what’s happening to America today, have another looksie at Moore’s survey … Continue reading
THE SCARLET LETTER “B”: John McCain, Sarah Palin, and Drudge Have Been Relentlessly Pushing a Race-Baiting Story That Has Just Been Revealed as a HOAX
Both John McCain and Sarah Palin have shamelessly tried to get racial-fear mileage out of a story that now seems not to be true. The girl who claimed yesterday to have been mugged and branded by a black man with a … Continue reading
Colin Powell Endorses Barack: Says Obama Has a “calm, patient, intellectual, steady approach to problem solving.”
McCain’s having a bit of message incoherence:
Josh Marshall, of Talking Points Memo, nicely sums up Sarah Palin’s troopergate scandal: We rely on elected officials not to use the power of their office to pursue personal agendas or vendettas. It’s called an abuse of power. There is … Continue reading
If Obama becomes president, I get a sense that he will have a good relationship with General Petraeus. And I also get a sense, by the very fact that Petraeus answered the man’s question, that he is signalling that he … Continue reading
Sullivan’s website is the most visited single-person political (and social) commentary blog in the world. And it just got a new design. Check it out here.
Republican John McCain Says He Wants to “Turn the Page” on All This Economy Talk in The Last Weeks of The Campaign, and Launch Swift-Boat Style Attacks on Barack Obama. Here is Barack Obama’s Retort.
McCain Wants to “Turn the Page” of Our Attention Away from the Financial Crisis?! “We Can’t Afford Another President This Out of Touch,” Says Obama-Biden
Be Afraid Now: Highly Respected Economist and Forbes Columnist, Nouriel Roubini, Says Our Financial System “Is Now In Cardiac Arrest”
If you’re wondering why the stock market continued to plunge on Friday, despite the bailout being passed and signed by the president, it may be because the financial system has already passed a threshold, and is now in systemic collapse. Nouriel … Continue reading
The outcome of the VP debate seems pretty clear: Biden reassured voters that adults would be minding the “store” if the Obama-Biden ticket wins, and Palin did not assure voters that she is presidential timber. Palin’s folksy “aw shucks” and “golly-gee” … Continue reading
Dr. Strangelove in Des Moines: John McCain, Rocking in a Chair, And On The Verge of Blowing in Response to Some Tough Questions, Echoes Dr. Strangelove
John McCain fielding questions from the editors of the Des Moines Register: And Dr. Strangelove fielding questions in the War Room:
See Here Katie Couric Ask Sarah Palin, ‘What Other Supreme Court Decisions Do You Disagree With?’—And Watch Palin Flail. She Doesn’t Know the Names of Any Supreme Court Decisions—Not a Single One—Except Roe v. Wade!
“Let’s Do the Time Warp Again”: Two People Accidently Walk-in on McCain-Palin Campaign Headquarters, 2008
Eight more years?
Jimmy Kimmel: “John McCain showed up without running mate Sarah Palin, which is a shame because she actually has a lot of experience with financial matters. You know, she lives right next to a bank.” See a full definition of … Continue reading
Glenn Greenwald Weighs in on Sarah Palin’s Creepy Isolation from the Media, and Declares That It Is “Conclusively, Disturbingly Clear” That McCain is Shielding Palin from Scrutiny by Voters
At the end of her debate with Joe Biden, Sarah Palin signalled that she would be speaking to the American people without the filter of the mainstream media. Translation: She won’t be taking questions from the press, and she’ll be … Continue reading