- 2,819,650 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- A Universe from Nothing? David Albert Owns Lawrence Krauss
- Shakespeare, James Joyce, and the Dirty Encoding in Britney Spears's "If U Seek Amy"
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 8 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Tag Archives: Minnesota
At the Minnesota State Fair. Pretty impressive.
Notice that the below commercial in support of excluding gays from civil marriages in Minnesota actually offers no direct argumentative supports for the position at all. Watch: ___ In the intellectually bankrupt culture surrounding the anti-gay marriage movement, it’s taken to be acceptable to … Continue reading
According to the Washington Post, Minnesota Senator Al Franken has a liberal profiles-in-courage comic book coming out about him in May: The Al Franken edition of the “Political Power” comic book series is due out in May. (“There is a … Continue reading
Of course not. Glenn Beck is not seriously trying to have a dialogue about the subject. He’s not having an exchange. He’s communicating to a base audience in racial code. He won’t even attempt a dialogue on “white culture” with, … Continue reading
You might be soon. According to Time magazine today, Norm Coleman’s appeal to the Minnesota Supreme Court appears to be facing a stiff headwind, not just from the judges generally, but specifically from a Tim Pawlenty appointed justice: The judges’ … Continue reading
According to The Hill.com, former Minnesota Senator Norm Coleman has taken another job: Norm Coleman (R) has taken a job with the Republican Jewish Coalition while contesting Democrat Al Franken’s lead in the Minnesota Senate race, his campaign confirmed Thursday. In … Continue reading
FiveThirtyEight.com gives the details of today’s absentee ballot counting here. Money quote: Minnesota took until 5 PM today to begin actually counting rejected absentee ballots, as the Canvassing Board sorted through various legal objections, underwent the arduous task of physically … Continue reading
Friday (today) sees Franken’s numbers dropping to a deficit of just 239 votes behind Coleman—and the recount hasn’t even started. See the Star-Tribune report here.
According to KARE 11 television in Minneapolis, Republicans are blatantly playing the race card in a congressional contest in Minnesota: A Republican attack ad invites viewers to “meet the real Ashwin Madia,” but the still photos featured in the spot … Continue reading
“Cool Poise”: Novelist Garrison Keillor Endorses Barack Obama—Admiring His Equanimity in the Face of Ridiculous Personal Attacks and Innuendo
Garrison Keillor today on Barack and Michelle Obama: The campaign against him is not one that anybody will point to with pride in years to come. It is a long trail of honking and flapping and traces of green slime, … Continue reading
Context is Everything: Al Frankin Shows How Coleman Dropped the Context for a Franken Joke, Making Franken Look Hysterical and Angry
In Minnesota polls, Frankin has recently surged ahead of Coleman. One reason: People seem to be put off by the gross distortions of Franken’s character fostered by the Coleman campaign.
If Obama becomes president, I get a sense that he will have a good relationship with General Petraeus. And I also get a sense, by the very fact that Petraeus answered the man’s question, that he is signalling that he … Continue reading
Source: FiveThirtyEight.com. (Oct. 6, 08) Know hope. Go Obama! Yea!
Money quote from Politico: A new Star Tribune Minnesota poll released yesterday shows a 13-point jump in support in the last month for Democratic comedian-turned-politician Al Franken, who’s now taken his first clear lead, 43 percent to 34 percent, in … Continue reading
The outcome of the VP debate seems pretty clear: Biden reassured voters that adults would be minding the “store” if the Obama-Biden ticket wins, and Palin did not assure voters that she is presidential timber. Palin’s folksy “aw shucks” and “golly-gee” … Continue reading