- 2,824,145 readers since June 2008
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Self Calming: 86 Ways To Activate Your Parasympathetic Nervous System
- Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: mormonism
Mitt Romney and the Vietnam veteran in the below video are the same age. And in the years that this veteran was in Vietnam, Mitt Romney was in prep school, gay-bashing a classmate and cutting off his girlish-long hair. After … Continue reading
The Book of Mormon Musical is Coming to Los Angeles: West Coast Premiere at the Pantages Theatre, September 5 – November 25, 2012
Here’s a site to watch for tickets to go on sale. Should Mitt Romney appear headed for the presidency in the fall, the timing couldn’t be better. Here’s one of the songs. _____ And here’s the 60 Minutes piece on the musical: … Continue reading
As a Mormon, you have struggled against born-again Christian voter prejudice. Presumably, you wish that evangelicals would not judge your candidacy on this single criterion—the fact that you’re a Mormon. Given your experience of religiously-based sectarian snubbing at the polls, … Continue reading
_____ Well put: If an unbeliever such as Jefferson or non-churchman like Lincoln can serve brilliantly as president, then America should stand — in an intolerant world characterized all too frequently by religious persecution — as a stirring example of … Continue reading
At RD Magazine, Sarah Posner reports that Rick Perry supporter, the Rev. Robert Jeffress of First Baptist Church Dallas, excludes Mormonism from Christianity, quoting him as saying the following: [Mormons] have never been considered by evangelical Christians to be part of … Continue reading
Forbidden Intellectual Porn: The Under 30 Crowd Appears to Be Dropping the Religious Beliefs of Their Parents in Record Numbers? Why?
Ted Cox, a former Mormon who lost his own faith in a library, has a theory: knowledge is power—it’s long been the forbidden fruit—and the Internet makes that fruit more widely and readily accessible than ever before (to religion’s detriment): Preachers and pastors lament the … Continue reading
If you’re in Los Angeles (or one of the other large urban areas in the United States) you might want to check out this new documentary on gay rights and equality—and the religious right’s attempts to reverse them:
Is Glenn Beck sending out coded messages to his atheist compadres, or shall we simply ask the Heavenly Father to forgive him, for he knoweth not what he quoteth from? I ask because Glenn Beck, at the start of his show, … Continue reading
Would Christian Brit Hume Have Said to Glenn Beck (a Mormon) What He Said to Tiger Woods (a Buddhist)?
To gage Brit Hume’s sincerity in extending a nationally televised public invitation to Buddhist Tiger Woods to become a Christian (for the proper sort of “forgiveness” supposedly not available to Woods otherwise), I think that we can ask one simple question: … Continue reading
Of course not. Glenn Beck is not seriously trying to have a dialogue about the subject. He’s not having an exchange. He’s communicating to a base audience in racial code. He won’t even attempt a dialogue on “white culture” with, … Continue reading
In January, Mike told Ann he’s against them Sodomites. Scout’s honor: Ain’t the contemporary Republican Party grand?
Andrew Sullivan today asks a good question about anti-homosexual HETEROSEXUALS who would exclude gays from civil marriage recognition: Why are their marriages defined not by the virtues they sustain but the people they exclude?
No on Proposition 8: An Articulate Endorsement of Gay Marriage in California by the Conservative Orange County Register
Money quote: Our preference would be for the government not to be involved in marriage, the most fundamental of institutions in a civil society. Why two people who want to be married should be required to get a license from … Continue reading