- 2,825,226 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Etiological Narrative Watch: Did the Hindu God Hanuman, and an Army of Monkeys and Squirrels, Build the Limestone Shoals Between India and Sri Lanka Known as "Adam's Bridge"?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- What Did Friedrich Nietzsche Take from Charles Darwin?
- The Bhagavad Gita and Socrates vs. Homer and The Iliad
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: music
Jared Burton has written a beautiful and soulful folk song capturing humanity’s uncomfortable and ambivalent relationship to evolution. I find the lyrics emotionally and intellectually challenging. But I can’t decide if I agree or not with the orientation to Nature … Continue reading
Tim Minchin is scheduled to sing at noon today (Saturday, March 24, 2012) on the Mall in D.C. during the atheist Reason Rally. For a taste of what the crowd can happily look forward to, here’s Minchin singing “Magic Woody … Continue reading
The best new Christmas song of the year (by Tim Minchin): —- Unfortunately, though Tim Minchin’s segment was taped for the Jonathan Ross Show, it didn’t actually air. It was nixed as too controversial. But Minchin, given a copy of … Continue reading
Given Michelle Bachmann’s penchant for weird displays of public religiosity, do you suppose, were she to win the White House in 2012, that she might bring John Ashcroft back into the public eye, and into her cabinet? You remember George … Continue reading
The following film, as a single tracking shot, put me in mind of Russian Ark. It was filmed on May 22nd in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Roger Ebert calls it “The greatest music video ever made.” I wouldn’t go anywhere near that far. Has … Continue reading
Gil Scott Heron died this week, and on hearing of this I remembered that he was on Saturday Night Live in its 1975-1976 inaugural season. (I love Saturday Night Live and like to watch the old ones.) Richard Pryor hosted that particular … Continue reading
A fascinating clip:
Freud’s Totem and Taboo in a nutshell (and with nuts). Amusing, but perhaps a minute too long.
I like the way this person demonstrates how two guitars interact to produce the Beatles’ song, “I’ve Just Seen a Face”: Oops! It doesn’t embed. Watch on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8AxpFWJLBs
Some male devotees accompany their chain-wielding goddess: Below are some fit lines from Euripides’ Bakkhai (from scene 1) describing Korybantes—ecstatic drumming and pipe-playing young men devoted to the Phrygian mother-goddess Kybele: Triple-crested Korybantes Devised for me The circle of stretched hide! In … Continue reading