- 2,825,403 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Lord Byron's pro-war poem?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Howard Nemerov and Learning from History
- Two Interesting UFO Documents: The "Smith Memo" (1950) and Physicist Robert Sarbacher's 1983 Letter
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: NDEs
Before watching the below video, allow me to set the scene a bit. It’s 2008 in a run-of-the-mill 1980s decor hotel conference room in Durham, North Carolina. Attached to the cream cloth wall is a light hovering like an angel … Continue reading
Late last year, the Wall Street Journal had an interesting piece on near death experiences (NDEs), and it included an aspect on the phenomenon that I’d never heard of before: near death awareness: In his book, “Visions, Trips and Crowds,” David … Continue reading
Three near death experiences (NDEs) from a BBC documentary on the subject: Oops. It doesn’t embed. You have to watch it on YouTube. It’s worth clicking over. Here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsV2oWL0bK0
A bit of guerilla opera in Philadelphia: Hmm. Do you suppose that the inward experience of death might be like this? Perhaps you’ll be walking along one day when an epiphany of light and song will break in on your life, and … Continue reading
This near death experience comes from a BBC documentary on the subject:
It occurs to me that life turns on four confidences, three of which atheists and agnostics simply do not possess. If one wonders why so few people are atheists and agnostics, a big part of the puzzle may lie hidden here. … Continue reading
Christopher Hitchens: It is the height of immorality to lie to people about what you really know about death
That is, nothing. I agree with Christopher Hitchens that religion is shameless in its manipulations of death fears via the carrot and stick of heaven and hell: it really is a moral outrage. One should never claim more about death—or anything, for … Continue reading
That would be 179 years ago today, wouldn’t it? Here’s Christina Rossetti’s sonnet, “In life our absent friend is far away”. It’s the 28th sonnet from a collection of her sonnets that she titled, “Later Life”: In life our absent … Continue reading
For the past couple of weeks now, I’ve been reading and thinking about NDEs as a phenomenon, and if I were forced to bet, I think that the near death experience is real. In other words, it’s probably more than … Continue reading
And he learned something important: And:
Dr. Bruce Greyson is one of the leading academic researchers into the NDE phenomenon. He is a psychiatric researcher and teacher at the University of Virginia Medical School, and he co-edited a recent book on NDEs. Here he offers brief observations … Continue reading