- 2,503,422 readers since June 2008
- anita on What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Anonymous on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Experimented upon at Auschwitz
- Elijah Leon on David Berlinski defends God’s role in the Holocaust: “God did not protect his chosen people…[but] did…smite their enemies, with generations to come in mourning or obsessed by shame.”
- John on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Sue on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- x on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Tori Lahaye on Why was Socrates Put to Death?
- Anonymous on Islam vs. Christianity, and the Mark of the Beast
- Julien Myrrhe on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Þögul ástríða eða villtar nætur? – Bókaskápur Ástu S. on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Vickie on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Sakib on Islam vs. Christianity, and the Mark of the Beast
- Christopher Giustolisi on The Line Between Blasphemy and Iconoclasm: Why PZ Myers Crossed It, and Why Atheists Should Take Him to Task for Doing So
- Angela Monique Sylvester on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Santi Tafarella on If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- In the Free Will Debate, Does the Truth Matter?
- Self Calming: 86 Ways To Activate Your Parasympathetic Nervous System
- With Stormy Daniels, The Power of Sex–Not the Russians, Not the Majority of Voters–May Finally Achieve Trump’s Unraveling
- Tariffs Are for Friends of Trump–But Not the Rest of Us
- If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- Trump Slurs His Speech–Again
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 1 year ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 1 year ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGroper Donald P. Groper. Donald Trump is done, right? 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGrabber Donald P. Grabber. Donald Trump is done. 1 year ago
Tag Archives: negative theology
At the heart of the universe are three staggering paradoxes, and one of them, however absurd and inconceivable, must be true: either the universe made itself; or it has always existed; or some self-made or eternal telos is behind it Theists … Continue reading
Earlier today, I noticed that Richard Dawkins said of one of the featured articles at his site (on negative theology): Josh called it ‘theo-masturbation’. Excellent expression, and it perfectly sums up what Karen Armstrong, Terry Eagleton and all those pretentious pseuds do, … Continue reading
Atheist biologist Jerry Coyne, of the University of Chicago, has a rather nasty post at his blog deriding negative theology, but I think that negative theology has some merits that Coyne might not be considering. In fact, if God exists (and as an agnostic I don’t … Continue reading