- 2,820,672 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Camus in a Nutshell: God is Not Good, Nature is Not Good, and We are More Moral Than God or Nature
- The Bhagavad Gita and Socrates vs. Homer and The Iliad
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 8 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Tag Archives: Nevada
Oh crap. This comes from Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight today: Mr. Obama led in four separate polls of Virginia on Sunday, three of which represented improvement from the prior polls issued by the same polling firms. Virginia has moved out … Continue reading
How does Mitt Romney find a route to the presidency if he is losing Latino voters with a 52-point gap? Here’s news on the most recent Latino Decisions tracking poll: 87% of Latino voters say they are almost certain they … Continue reading
I just thought of something cool. President Obama is highly likely to win the election because he basically just has to win the equivalent of two out of six coin tosses. The odds against that not happening are pretty low. What are … Continue reading
President Obama on a roll. __________ I hope he uses the phrase on Monday night.
The big picture. __________ GM is alive and Osama bin Laden is dead. That’s also true.
Unbelievable. Looking at the New York Times today, I saw a picture of Glenn Hubbard, Mitt Romney’s in-house economic adviser, and thought, He looks like the same guy from the documentary, Inside Job. In the documentary, there is an owlish and … Continue reading
One nation, under 47%, divisible. __________ This is what it looks like to be on the same team. __________ And this man also sought to preserve the Union.
Amazing. 47% of Americans–the elderly, the retired, the unemployed, those in veteran’s hospitals, students, the mentally and physically disabled, and the working poor paying payroll taxes but making less than twenty thousand dollars a year–are those people. “My job is … Continue reading
__________ Scott Van Duzer, small business owner of Big Apple Pizza in Florida, bear hugs the big O. Image found here.
Mitt Romney campaigned with Pat Robertson this week. Yes, this Pat Robertson. __________ And here’s Romney in full demagogue mode with Pat Robertson roused into ovation behind him. __________ Will Mitt Romney tell us why he campaigns with an advocate of wife-beating?
President Obama famously put an end to “don’t ask, don’t tell” (DADT), but can we be sure that it will remain a thing of the past if Mitt Romney becomes president? Nope. This is at the Daily Beast: Aubrey Sarvis, … Continue reading
Michael Tomasky on Bill Clinton’s Democratic Convention speech: Holy smokes. That was the best political speech more or less ever. There wasn’t a thing he didn’t touch on, and there wasn’t a thing he didn’t just blast out of the … Continue reading
Sandra Fluke: “When a young woman has been verbally attacked,” President Obama “thinks of his daughters, not his delegates or his donors.”
Sandra Fluke made a powerful observation at the Democratic Convention yesterday: Our president, when he hears a young woman has been verbally attacked, thinks of his daughters — not his delegates or his donors — and stands with all women. … Continue reading
Phenomenal speech. Maybe the best that Bill Clinton has ever delivered.
I think this ad fairly captures what a Romney-Ryan victory means for gay people and women. __________ The Supreme Court is in the balance. Are you registered to vote?
Probably not. And the Los Angeles Times says this about a poll that has him behind pretty dramatically in both: Obama leads Romney among likely voters 51%-45% in Florida and 50%-44% in Ohio, according to the poll by Quinnipiac University, the New York Times and CBS News. The poll … Continue reading
__________ Drip, drip, drip. Why doesn’t he just release a decade or so of his tax returns, and be done with it?
Quoting President Obama on the campaign trail, this is in the Los Angeles Times today: You know, today’s the three-year anniversary of Sonia Sotomayor taking her seat on the Supreme Court. Yesterday was the two-year anniversary of Elena Kagan taking her seat on the … Continue reading