- 2,824,873 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Christopher Hitchens Recites From Memory Wilfred Owen's Great Anti-War Poem, "Dulce et Decorum est"
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: New Mexico
A Humbug?: Sarah Palin Still Hasn’t Given a Press Conference—or Done the Sunday Press Shows—and We Vote Tuesday!
We are now in the LAST weekend of the presidential campaign season and something extraordinarily corrosive to our democracy has occurred: Sarah Palin, despite the gravity of the office that she is running for, has managed to avoid giving a press … Continue reading
I Made a Homemade “Obama 08” Sign, and Somebody Stole It. Now I’ve Painted “Obama 08” in My Frontyard Tree. They Can’t Steal My Tree, Can They?
Below is my first sign, which I put up this weekend, and was stolen a few days later. Notice the tree behind the sign, and its smooth bark. That’s where I put my second sign, this morning, after somebody violated my right … Continue reading
The Authoritarian Right Waiting to Enter a Palin Rally: The Level of Paranoia, Hysteria, Racism, and Irrationality on Display Here is Truly Breathtaking
In debate #3, all that John McCain blinking, and goofy smiling, and weird expressions, and lost trains of thought, and tense high-held shoulders, recalled (for me) Dr. Strangelove. I think McCain is officially done:
A “one man terror cell” with terrorist “bloodlines”: Talking to Hysterical People in Line for a McCain-Palin Rally
Two of the debate observers quoted at Andrew Sullivan’s blog: Ezra Klein: Tonight was supposed to be John McCain’s night, but it was the first clear debate win Obama has scored over the course of this campaign — including the … Continue reading
5:57 Pacific Time: Before this gets started, my guess is that McCain will do poorly. 5:58 I think that Obama unnerves him, and while McCain is good in these “townhall” venues when he is alone, I suspect that standing alongside Obama … Continue reading
And And reason too.
Hear a Crowd Member Call Obama a “Terrorist” and Watch John McCain Not Correct Him, But Go With It. The McCain-Palin Campaign is Obviously Imploding
Menacing and hysterical. And McCain goes with it. How sad and pathetic.
Cuts in Medicare!: Has John McCain Just Given Up on Florida? The New Republic Reports Today That His Campaign Says It Will Pay for His Health Care Plan Through “Cuts in Medicare”
How do you campaign on cuts in Medicare—and win Florida? The New Republic article is here: http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/10/06/mccain-i-m-not-raising-taxes-i-m-cutting-medicare.aspx
Republican John McCain Says He Wants to “Turn the Page” on All This Economy Talk in The Last Weeks of The Campaign, and Launch Swift-Boat Style Attacks on Barack Obama. Here is Barack Obama’s Retort.
A reader at Andrew Sullivan’s blog raises this question: I just want to ask: can anyone, anyone, imagine Condoleeza Rice or Margaret Thatcher or even Hillary Clinton for God’s sake, winking at the nation and/or being coquettish in any national … Continue reading
Flailin’ Palin: Katie Couric’s Devastating Line of Questioning on the Supreme Court Turns Sarah Palin into “Flailin’ Palin”—Someone Who Shows Herself Unable to Talk About Any Supreme Court Case Except the Single One That She Knows, Roe v. Wade
Lines of Poetry Dedicated to John McCain: The Beginning of William Wordsworth’s “Intimations of Immortality”
In the first 2008 presidential debate between Barack Obama and John McCain, McCain started the debate by announcing, without the least trace of Republican irony, and with deep regret and soberness (as if he were about to well up with tears), … Continue reading
Who’s Presidential Now?: In the First 2008 Presidential Debate, McCain Suggests that Obama’s Imprudent to Say Publicly That He Would Go After Terrorists Over the Pakistani Border, and Obama Zings McCain for His Lack of Seriousness
Barack Obama appeared very presidential throughout the first debate, and I thought that this was an especially effective moment for him: And here’s McCain singing “Bomb Bomb Iran”: