- 2,885,885 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Back to the Closet and Coat Hanger: Clay Bennett's Unsettling Image of a Mitt Romney Presidency Combined with Republican Control of Congress
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump: Two Saturns Eating Their Children
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: New Mexico
A Humbug?: Sarah Palin Still Hasn’t Given a Press Conference—or Done the Sunday Press Shows—and We Vote Tuesday!
We are now in the LAST weekend of the presidential campaign season and something extraordinarily corrosive to our democracy has occurred: Sarah Palin, despite the gravity of the office that she is running for, has managed to avoid giving a press … Continue reading
I Made a Homemade “Obama 08” Sign, and Somebody Stole It. Now I’ve Painted “Obama 08” in My Frontyard Tree. They Can’t Steal My Tree, Can They?
Below is my first sign, which I put up this weekend, and was stolen a few days later. Notice the tree behind the sign, and its smooth bark. That’s where I put my second sign, this morning, after somebody violated my right … Continue reading
The Authoritarian Right Waiting to Enter a Palin Rally: The Level of Paranoia, Hysteria, Racism, and Irrationality on Display Here is Truly Breathtaking
In debate #3, all that John McCain blinking, and goofy smiling, and weird expressions, and lost trains of thought, and tense high-held shoulders, recalled (for me) Dr. Strangelove. I think McCain is officially done:
A “one man terror cell” with terrorist “bloodlines”: Talking to Hysterical People in Line for a McCain-Palin Rally
Two of the debate observers quoted at Andrew Sullivan’s blog: Ezra Klein: Tonight was supposed to be John McCain’s night, but it was the first clear debate win Obama has scored over the course of this campaign — including the … Continue reading
5:57 Pacific Time: Before this gets started, my guess is that McCain will do poorly. 5:58 I think that Obama unnerves him, and while McCain is good in these “townhall” venues when he is alone, I suspect that standing alongside Obama … Continue reading
And And reason too.
Hear a Crowd Member Call Obama a “Terrorist” and Watch John McCain Not Correct Him, But Go With It. The McCain-Palin Campaign is Obviously Imploding
Menacing and hysterical. And McCain goes with it. How sad and pathetic.
Cuts in Medicare!: Has John McCain Just Given Up on Florida? The New Republic Reports Today That His Campaign Says It Will Pay for His Health Care Plan Through “Cuts in Medicare”
How do you campaign on cuts in Medicare—and win Florida? The New Republic article is here: http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/10/06/mccain-i-m-not-raising-taxes-i-m-cutting-medicare.aspx
Republican John McCain Says He Wants to “Turn the Page” on All This Economy Talk in The Last Weeks of The Campaign, and Launch Swift-Boat Style Attacks on Barack Obama. Here is Barack Obama’s Retort.
A reader at Andrew Sullivan’s blog raises this question: I just want to ask: can anyone, anyone, imagine Condoleeza Rice or Margaret Thatcher or even Hillary Clinton for God’s sake, winking at the nation and/or being coquettish in any national … Continue reading
Flailin’ Palin: Katie Couric’s Devastating Line of Questioning on the Supreme Court Turns Sarah Palin into “Flailin’ Palin”—Someone Who Shows Herself Unable to Talk About Any Supreme Court Case Except the Single One That She Knows, Roe v. Wade
Lines of Poetry Dedicated to John McCain: The Beginning of William Wordsworth’s “Intimations of Immortality”
In the first 2008 presidential debate between Barack Obama and John McCain, McCain started the debate by announcing, without the least trace of Republican irony, and with deep regret and soberness (as if he were about to well up with tears), … Continue reading
Who’s Presidential Now?: In the First 2008 Presidential Debate, McCain Suggests that Obama’s Imprudent to Say Publicly That He Would Go After Terrorists Over the Pakistani Border, and Obama Zings McCain for His Lack of Seriousness
Barack Obama appeared very presidential throughout the first debate, and I thought that this was an especially effective moment for him: And here’s McCain singing “Bomb Bomb Iran”: