- 2,886,611 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "There Was an Awful Rainbow Once in Heaven": A Double Rainbow Triggers a Man's Confrontation with the Ontological Mystery, and Recalls for Me Some Lines from John Keats
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- James Baldwin on Death
- A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: North Carolina
If true, this is a bad piece of late-breaking news for Mitt Romney. Concerning a weekend conference call, Howard Kurtz at The Daily Beast reports the following: On a conference call Saturday, Obama campaign manager Jim Messina said his team had … Continue reading
Mike Lux, at The Democratic Strategist, provides it. Romney is in a world of hurt, primarily because of the way he has defined himself philosophically and values-wise to the American people. He has lost the essential debate in this race, … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan calls North Carolina’s anti-civil rights vote last night “the politics of spite” and writes the following: Absorbing the blow from last night is hard. If a victory for marriage equality happens, straight couples can go about their lives … Continue reading
Pete Soderman, at his blog, calls attention to numerous unjust state laws on the books that discriminate against atheists. Here’s one from North Carolina: Sec. 8. Disqualifications of office. The following persons shall be disqualified for office: First, any person who … Continue reading
The final scene of Dead Poet’s Society, in which a group of students stand up to the authoritarian power structure at their school, and align themselves with a good teacher who has been unjustly maligned, strikes me as an apt metaphor … Continue reading
From Salon.com this morning: Ohio and Indiana — along with Virginia (13 electoral votes) and North Carolina (15) — are the early-bird, carried-by-Bush states that will determine whether political mavens will show up at work Wednesday morning bleary-eyed from fatigue … Continue reading
THE NEEDLE JOHN McCAIN MUST THREAD: Why Is McCain Spending So Much Time in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania?
John McCain isn’t investing heavy in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania because he’s polling close in those states—but because they’re his only reasonable route to 270 electoral votes. Chuck Todd explains:
Landslide Taking Shape?: With Barely 24 Hours to Go Before Tuesday Morning Arrives, an ABC-Washington Post Poll Has Obama Over McCain 54-43!
According to the ABC News-Washington Post survey (just released), the race isn’t even tightening: Overall, 54 percent of likely voters support Obama, 43 percent McCain in ABC/Post interviews the past four nights, exactly where the race was a week and … Continue reading
Proud to Be an American: When My Kids Grow Up (They are 2 and 5) I Want to be Able to Tell Them, “Your Daddy Voted for Barack Obama”
Are you with me?
According to KARE 11 television in Minneapolis, Republicans are blatantly playing the race card in a congressional contest in Minnesota: A Republican attack ad invites viewers to “meet the real Ashwin Madia,” but the still photos featured in the spot … Continue reading
© All rights reserved. Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24640169@N05/2333500755/sizes/o/
THE SCARLET LETTER “B”: John McCain, Sarah Palin, and Drudge Have Been Relentlessly Pushing a Race-Baiting Story That Has Just Been Revealed as a HOAX
Both John McCain and Sarah Palin have shamelessly tried to get racial-fear mileage out of a story that now seems not to be true. The girl who claimed yesterday to have been mugged and branded by a black man with a … Continue reading
His Grandma is quite attractive, and I see that a lot of Barack Obama’s facial features are shared with his grandfather. Note especially the ears and long face.
Sarah Palin’s Enemies List: The VP Candidate Gets Snippy Over a Conservative National Review Commentator’s Evaluation of Her
Ron Howard, Andy Griffith, and “The Fonz”—Henry Winkler—Team Up Again to Do an Obama Commercial. To See It, Click the Link Here
See it here in high resolution. And see a very brief Youtube on the ad here: I think it’s life affirming to see Andy Griffith getting a chance to live long enough to perhaps vote for the first African American president, and … Continue reading
Sarah Palin Continues to Hide Behind Her Teleprompter Curtain: With Less Than Three Weeks to Go Before the Election, Palin, Once Again, Will NOT Be on Any of the Sunday Press Shows, and She Still Hasn’t Done a Press Conference
Reality Check: Public Polling Data Released Today Still Has Obama in the Lead in Two Key States—Florida and North Carolina
Source: FiveThirtyEight.com for Oct. 18, 2008 Notice that the national polls have Obama in a 4-7 point national lead, and in two key states that McCain must win (Florida and North Carolina), he’s down by 2-4%. Also notice that two states … Continue reading
In debate #3, all that John McCain blinking, and goofy smiling, and weird expressions, and lost trains of thought, and tense high-held shoulders, recalled (for me) Dr. Strangelove. I think McCain is officially done:
“Cool Poise”: Novelist Garrison Keillor Endorses Barack Obama—Admiring His Equanimity in the Face of Ridiculous Personal Attacks and Innuendo
Garrison Keillor today on Barack and Michelle Obama: The campaign against him is not one that anybody will point to with pride in years to come. It is a long trail of honking and flapping and traces of green slime, … Continue reading