- 2,773,580 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- The Passion of the Christopher: Hitchens's Death Eerily Enacts That of Jesus's
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 3 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: You left something out @BillKristol- GOP's control (or partial control) of states like WI, PA, FL, OH, AZ, GA, MI) & a… 2 weeks ago
- RT @RVAT2020: Justin, a retired Army Ranger, explains why he left the GOP over Donald Trump: "I did five deployments in service of this na… 2 weeks ago
- #BlackLivesMatter. She's not backing down from "Master race dude." #SilenceIsDeath twitter.com/RachelBitecofe… 3 weeks ago
- RT @greg_doucette: Being armed with a water bottle gets you teargas and a bullet to the eye Being armed with an AR-15 gets you discreet pe… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Obama
The Supreme Court. A reader at Andrew Sullivan’s blog makes the point concisely: A president Clinton will have […] a very gray Supreme Court (FOUR octogenarians in her first term). Think about what that means for all those Voting Rights Act cases … Continue reading
Wow. This is in The Huffington Post this morning: The Obama administration said Friday that more than 3 million people have now signed up for private plans through the federal and state health insurance exchanges, including more than 800,000 in … Continue reading
Sean Wilentz, a Princeton historian, has written for the NYT today an absolutely must-read essay on the looming debt default crisis, how it would violate the 14th Amendment to actually let the country go into default, and what President Obama … Continue reading
The Republicans are certainly getting everybody’s attention, most especially individuals from the business and finance community. Here’s The New York Times today: One of the top executives who met with Mr. Obama, Lloyd C. Blankfein, the chairman of the Goldman Sachs bank … Continue reading
President Obama has exactly the right strategy for dealing with the tantrum-throwing/government shut-downing/anti-Obamacare Republicans: Willy Wonka them.
The Atlas Shrugged Party looks like it’s barreling full-tilt to an economic shutdown–an Atlas Shrugged scenario for real–in a couple of weeks, and here’s Jon Favreau’s advice to President Obama: [A] failure to raise the debt limit would inflict far more … Continue reading
It’s entertaining to watch the Tea Party right send the Republican Party over the cliff, as in this ad pressing Mitch McConnell to defund Obamacare: __________ The Republican leadership clearly recognizes that it cannot defund Obamacare without a stand-off with … Continue reading
Jonathan Alter’s new book, The Center Holds, on President Obama and the 2012 election, was recently reviewed in The New York Times, and there are some revelations in it: [Alter] thinks the United States “dodged a bullet in 2012,” and … Continue reading
No wonder the president has been smiling all day. As you might expect, now that the health care reform bill has actually passed, the public’s approval of it has markedly improved. This is what the Democrats were banking on all along, … Continue reading
I’m so proud to have supported and worked for this man’s election to the presidency. Barack Obama is proving to be an even better president than I had dared hope for when I voted for him in November of 2008. And on Sunday … Continue reading
The latest lovely image of Barack Obama, stepping into a coffin, the word “KILL” in large red letters alongside a caricature of his face, courtesy of some sick racist at a “Code Red” Tea Party protest in Washington, March 16, 2010:
One writer to Josh Marshall’s website takes on those who would make the pure the enemy of the good: If I feel abandoned, it’s not by Obama and the Democratic party, it’s by those on the left advocating to kill the … Continue reading
At Slate today, Karl Agne, a senior advisor to Democracy Corps, offers his take on the Fox-Limbaugh Industrial Propaganda Complex: When we spoke with these conservative Republicans in the focus groups we did for Democracy Corps recently, what was really striking was … Continue reading
This today in Der Spiegel: “Only rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world’s attention and given its people hope for a better future,” the committee said in a statement. “His diplomacy is founded in … Continue reading
Former Bush Cabinet official, and now President Obama’s Defense Secretary, is impressed with our new president: “He is very analytical,” Gates told CNN Chief National Correspondent John King. “He is very deliberate about the way he goes through things. He wants to … Continue reading
Crazy. Way out. Orwellian. Politico reports today on the evidence that the Far Right is self-consciously appropriating the slogans, artistic styles, and general political tactics of the 1960s Left! Obviously, conservatives perceive (correctly) that Americans are, in general, so unevenly educated, and so confused about history … Continue reading
As a white person, I’m sick of the white hate being directed at President Barack Obama. It’s indecent, and I’m not going to be silent in the face of it. Aaron Wiener of the Washington Independent notices that the far right … Continue reading
Robert Reich today succinctly lays out the tape playing in Republican heads, and why they’re so wound up to try and block healthcare insurance reform: Republicans smell 1994 all over again. That’s when they defeated Clinton’s healthcare plan—and in doing so … Continue reading
This today in the New York Times: There are no living family members to testify to the events of Aug. 4, 1961, at the Kapiolani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital in Honolulu. The president’s parents are both deceased, as are his … Continue reading