- 2,759,150 readers since June 2008
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- fred on Have Yourself a Maoist Little Christmas?
- Les on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Woke Fanatics? Essentialists vs. Nominalists
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.10: Emerson’s “Circles”
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.8: Selection And Editing
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.7: Audience And Rhetorical Strategy
- AOC says it well. twitter.com/CNN/status/108… 1 year ago
- nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 year ago
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: obamacare
Wow. This is in The Huffington Post this morning: The Obama administration said Friday that more than 3 million people have now signed up for private plans through the federal and state health insurance exchanges, including more than 800,000 in … Continue reading
It’s 2014. What will it be like in January of 2017? To answer this question, I think we should look backward to 35 years ago, when it was 1979. Jimmy Carter was president, the multi-ethnic “We are Family” Pittsburgh Pirates … Continue reading
This was in The New York Times earlier this week: Rachel Bryant, a small-business owner who lives just outside Winston-Salem [N.C], felt unlucky when she received a notice from Blue Cross saying that her plan was being canceled and that the … Continue reading
In today’s NYT is an article on the initial failure of the Obamacare website’s functioning (healthcare.gov) that nevertheless contains a ray of hope: Administration officials have said there is plenty of time to resolve the [portal] problems before the mid-December … Continue reading
There’s no doubt that the Obamacare exchange websites have had a terrible initial roll-out, but this is different from describing the Obamacare exchanges as a failure, at least based on this portion of an AP story that just came out … Continue reading
Historian Anne Applebaum bottom-lines Republican hostage-taking: Obamacare is the law, as confirmed by the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of our political system. A portion of one of those branches is therefore not now legally or morally empowered to change that … Continue reading
The following, from The New York Times, is some stunning “inside baseball” reportage surrounding the Republican shut down of the federal government and John Boehner’s threat to default on the nation’s debt if Obamacare is not dismantled: They [the House … Continue reading
I think one of the great scenes in No Country for Old Men has a lot of political salience right now. John Boehner is the man pretending events are not of his making; Obama is the woman saying, “The coin don’t have … Continue reading
The Republicans are certainly getting everybody’s attention, most especially individuals from the business and finance community. Here’s The New York Times today: One of the top executives who met with Mr. Obama, Lloyd C. Blankfein, the chairman of the Goldman Sachs bank … Continue reading
This woman’s story is illustrative of why:
They can barely contain themselves. In fact, they’re flush about it. This was in The New York Times yesterday: The mood in the Capitol on Saturday, at least among Republicans, was downright giddy. When Republican leaders presented their plan in a … Continue reading
Reality is starting to assert itself. You won’t read this at the Drudge Report, but evidence is accumulating that Obamacare has been working over the past three years, and it’s poised to be a success moving into its “insurance exchange … Continue reading
It’s entertaining to watch the Tea Party right send the Republican Party over the cliff, as in this ad pressing Mitch McConnell to defund Obamacare: __________ The Republican leadership clearly recognizes that it cannot defund Obamacare without a stand-off with … Continue reading
__________ At National Journal, Norm Ornstein offers some brilliant analysis of attempts by the Republican leadership to sabotage the implementation of Obamacare: What is going on now to sabotage Obamacare is […] sharply beneath any reasonable standards of elected officials … Continue reading
This is a must-see. It’s the Republican audience’s reaction to a debate question directed last night to Ron Paul by Wolf Blitzer. The gist of the question was the following: Should society let an employed 30-year-old experiencing a catastrophic health crisis, but lacking insurance, die? … Continue reading