- 2,881,185 readers since June 2008
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ray Léonard on In praise of Chateauneuf (Voltaire’s godfather and tutor)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Gay Marriage and Thomism
- Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- The Is-Ought Distinction: What Would Nietzsche Say to Sam Harris?
- Lest We Forget: In February, 1972, Billy Graham and Richard Nixon Discuss Jews, in a Paranoid and Anti-Semitic Fashion, in the Oval Office
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Pennsylvania
At FiveThirtyEight, Nate Silver explains why Mitt Romney is making a last-minute play for Pennsylvania: absent Ohio, it’s basically his sole remaining (plausible) route to at least 269 electoral votes. In a nutshell, here’s how Romney, according to Silver, gets … Continue reading
Just have a look at where he’s scheduled to campaign on Monday, the day before the election. This is at the New York Times: Mr. Romney’s campaign officials said they were confident that he would win Florida. But they were … Continue reading
The revolt against the hippies.
This is at the New York Times today: Mr. Romney’s comments about the “47 percent” of Americans seemed to be undercutting him with other working-class voters here [in Ohio]. “This last thing, where he was going on about the 47 … Continue reading
I ain’t got time to kiss you now, the mule is run away! According to the video poster at YouTube, this song was played “under the trees next to the Conestoga river. Lancaster County Park PA. August 2 2008.” Nicely … Continue reading
If Republicans can’t hold their moderates, how will they win elections? Today, in the New York Times, is an article on Republicans’ larger problem: not just losing a moderate like Arlen Specter, but the party’s increased ideological marginalization (such as on issues like gay equality). … Continue reading
The final scene of Dead Poet’s Society, in which a group of students stand up to the authoritarian power structure at their school, and align themselves with a good teacher who has been unjustly maligned, strikes me as an apt metaphor … Continue reading
Read more about the good news here.
According to FiveThirtyEight.com, if the election is not a blowout, these are the FIVE states to watch on election night: Pennsylvania, Ohio, Colorado, Virginia, and Nevada: The victory conditions for Obama involving these five states proceed something as follows: 1. Win Pennsylvania … Continue reading
THE NEEDLE JOHN McCAIN MUST THREAD: Why Is McCain Spending So Much Time in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania?
John McCain isn’t investing heavy in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania because he’s polling close in those states—but because they’re his only reasonable route to 270 electoral votes. Chuck Todd explains:
Landslide Taking Shape?: With Barely 24 Hours to Go Before Tuesday Morning Arrives, an ABC-Washington Post Poll Has Obama Over McCain 54-43!
According to the ABC News-Washington Post survey (just released), the race isn’t even tightening: Overall, 54 percent of likely voters support Obama, 43 percent McCain in ABC/Post interviews the past four nights, exactly where the race was a week and … Continue reading
Proud to Be an American: When My Kids Grow Up (They are 2 and 5) I Want to be Able to Tell Them, “Your Daddy Voted for Barack Obama”
Are you with me?
Landslide?: That Rumble You Hear May Be the Sound of “Republican Mountain” Starting to Give Way to Barack Obama
It’s fast approaching 6pm on the East Coast, which means that we only have about 30 HOURS to go before the clock strikes midnight and TUESDAY MORNING is officially here. Can John McCain make up a 9 point polling deficit … Continue reading
In the waning hours of this election cycle, FiveThirtyEight.com has just put up its take on Pennsylvania: What McCain Has Going For Him John McCain decided at the last minute to try and throw resources at the state in hopes … Continue reading
Obama will win Pennsylvania by a comfortable margin—despite a tightening in the polls there. Here’s are the reasons: Democrats far outnumber Republicans in the state (in terms of registration) Obama has a strong “get out the vote” organization on the … Continue reading
Super Great Polling News: With Barely 32 Hours to Go Before It Becomes Tuesday Morning on the East Coast, Gallup Shows Obama with at Least a 9 POINT Lead, and Perhaps an 11 Point Lead (Depending on Voter Turnout)
All three Gallup poll measures show Obama with a 9 point (or greater) lead—and there are barely 30 hours to go before the clock strikes midnight and turns into Tuesday morning on the East Coast. See the Gallup report figures … Continue reading
“The largest lead among likely voters to date”: Gallup Polling Today, with Just 48 Hours to Go, Shows Obama AHEAD by 10 POINTS!
Read about it at Gallup here. Hurricane Barack may be reaching maximal strength just as the election arrives. Can we change the course of this country away from Bushism and anti-intellectual religious authoritarian Palinism? Yes we can!