- 2,759,156 readers since June 2008
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Fake People, Pure Product - Ordinary Times on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Hailee Steinfeld’s ‘Afterlife’ Debuts in New ‘Dickinson’ Trailer - Screen Times on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- fred on Have Yourself a Maoist Little Christmas?
- Les on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- End Times Hysteria Watch: Lyn Benedetto Allegedly Tried to Kill Her Daughters to Save Them from The Tribulation
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- Woke Fanatics? Essentialists vs. Nominalists
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.10: Emerson’s “Circles”
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.9: Imitation And Emulation With An Eye On Competition
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.8: Selection And Editing
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.7: Audience And Rhetorical Strategy
- AOC says it well. twitter.com/CNN/status/108… 1 year ago
- nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 year ago
- RT @mrchan: So much has changed in America, and yet so much hasn't https://t.co/x2mthUr4Kc 1 year ago
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 3 years ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: Pennsylvania
At FiveThirtyEight, Nate Silver explains why Mitt Romney is making a last-minute play for Pennsylvania: absent Ohio, it’s basically his sole remaining (plausible) route to at least 269 electoral votes. In a nutshell, here’s how Romney, according to Silver, gets … Continue reading
Just have a look at where he’s scheduled to campaign on Monday, the day before the election. This is at the New York Times: Mr. Romney’s campaign officials said they were confident that he would win Florida. But they were … Continue reading
The revolt against the hippies.
This is at the New York Times today: Mr. Romney’s comments about the “47 percent” of Americans seemed to be undercutting him with other working-class voters here [in Ohio]. “This last thing, where he was going on about the 47 … Continue reading
I ain’t got time to kiss you now, the mule is run away! According to the video poster at YouTube, this song was played “under the trees next to the Conestoga river. Lancaster County Park PA. August 2 2008.” Nicely … Continue reading
If Republicans can’t hold their moderates, how will they win elections? Today, in the New York Times, is an article on Republicans’ larger problem: not just losing a moderate like Arlen Specter, but the party’s increased ideological marginalization (such as on issues like gay equality). … Continue reading
The final scene of Dead Poet’s Society, in which a group of students stand up to the authoritarian power structure at their school, and align themselves with a good teacher who has been unjustly maligned, strikes me as an apt metaphor … Continue reading
Read more about the good news here.
According to FiveThirtyEight.com, if the election is not a blowout, these are the FIVE states to watch on election night: Pennsylvania, Ohio, Colorado, Virginia, and Nevada: The victory conditions for Obama involving these five states proceed something as follows: 1. Win Pennsylvania … Continue reading
THE NEEDLE JOHN McCAIN MUST THREAD: Why Is McCain Spending So Much Time in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania?
John McCain isn’t investing heavy in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania because he’s polling close in those states—but because they’re his only reasonable route to 270 electoral votes. Chuck Todd explains:
Landslide Taking Shape?: With Barely 24 Hours to Go Before Tuesday Morning Arrives, an ABC-Washington Post Poll Has Obama Over McCain 54-43!
According to the ABC News-Washington Post survey (just released), the race isn’t even tightening: Overall, 54 percent of likely voters support Obama, 43 percent McCain in ABC/Post interviews the past four nights, exactly where the race was a week and … Continue reading
Proud to Be an American: When My Kids Grow Up (They are 2 and 5) I Want to be Able to Tell Them, “Your Daddy Voted for Barack Obama”
Are you with me?
Landslide?: That Rumble You Hear May Be the Sound of “Republican Mountain” Starting to Give Way to Barack Obama
It’s fast approaching 6pm on the East Coast, which means that we only have about 30 HOURS to go before the clock strikes midnight and TUESDAY MORNING is officially here. Can John McCain make up a 9 point polling deficit … Continue reading
In the waning hours of this election cycle, FiveThirtyEight.com has just put up its take on Pennsylvania: What McCain Has Going For Him John McCain decided at the last minute to try and throw resources at the state in hopes … Continue reading
Obama will win Pennsylvania by a comfortable margin—despite a tightening in the polls there. Here’s are the reasons: Democrats far outnumber Republicans in the state (in terms of registration) Obama has a strong “get out the vote” organization on the … Continue reading
Super Great Polling News: With Barely 32 Hours to Go Before It Becomes Tuesday Morning on the East Coast, Gallup Shows Obama with at Least a 9 POINT Lead, and Perhaps an 11 Point Lead (Depending on Voter Turnout)
All three Gallup poll measures show Obama with a 9 point (or greater) lead—and there are barely 30 hours to go before the clock strikes midnight and turns into Tuesday morning on the East Coast. See the Gallup report figures … Continue reading
“The largest lead among likely voters to date”: Gallup Polling Today, with Just 48 Hours to Go, Shows Obama AHEAD by 10 POINTS!
Read about it at Gallup here. Hurricane Barack may be reaching maximal strength just as the election arrives. Can we change the course of this country away from Bushism and anti-intellectual religious authoritarian Palinism? Yes we can!