- 2,759,169 readers since June 2008
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- fred on Have Yourself a Maoist Little Christmas?
- Les on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane's "The Open Boat" (1897)
- Evolution? The Fossils Say Yes: A Book Review of Donald Prothero's "Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why It Matters" (Columbia University Press 2007)
- Is Atheism Just the Denial of Gods?
- Information and Entropy for Beginners
- Woke Fanatics? Essentialists vs. Nominalists
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.10: Emerson’s “Circles”
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.8: Selection And Editing
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.7: Audience And Rhetorical Strategy
- AOC says it well. twitter.com/CNN/status/108… 1 year ago
- nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 year ago
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: poland
What is Ohio resident John Demjanjuk accused of? According to Der Spiegel, Demjanjuk may be an accessory to the murder of 29,000 people: On March 10, the State Public Prosecutor in Munich issued an arrest warrant against Demjanjuk, first making … Continue reading
Jadwiga Hassa, a Christian woman who was part of the resistance against the Nazis in Poland, was arrested by the Gestapo and ultimately ended up in Ravensbrueck concentration camp. The U.S. Holocaust Museum photo archive tells her story this way: She … Continue reading
Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: In 1939, a Boy Poses with His Grandparents before Leaving Poland for Australia
Both of his grandparents died in the Holocaust. The boy’s name: Jankiel Garbasz His grandparent’s names: Israel and Sara Garbasz Source: U.S. Holocaust Museum photo archive
This image was taken at the Tzebnia sub-camp at Auschwitz, AFTER its liberation. A physician is looking at a little girl. Source: U.S. Holocaust Museum photo archive
Source: U.S. Holocaust Museum photo archive
Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Studio Portrait of a Jewish Family Living in Poland Before the Holocaust
Portrait of a Jewish family in Poland. 90% of Polish Jews died during the Holocaust.
The above photograph, according to the U.S. Holocaust Museum website, was taken at Ohrdruf on April 6, 1945. More “Bearing Witness to the Holocaust” photos here and here and here.
Edith Bruck, a concentration camp survivor, was a filmmaker, playwright, and poet. After the war, she lived in Israel and Italy. This is her poem, “Pretty Soon”: Pretty soon when people hear a quiz show expert talk about Auschwitz they’ll … Continue reading
The children above were subject to medical experimentation by the Auschwitz doctor, Horst Schumann. The blackening of their bodies was probably the product of burns from exposure to high dosage radiation, but the specific experiments conducted upon these particular children is … Continue reading