- 2,823,854 readers since June 2008
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- James Jeans and John Updike: A Scientist's Postulation and a Literary Figure's Reply
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- A Searing and Powerful Quote on Human Insignificance (from the recently deceased John Updike)
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: polls
In the run-up to the presidential election, if you think the vast majority of public polls have a liberal bias and are not to be trusted, how do you take the pulse of the race? Simple. Don’t believe the public … Continue reading
This is at the New York Times today: Mr. Romney’s comments about the “47 percent” of Americans seemed to be undercutting him with other working-class voters here [in Ohio]. “This last thing, where he was going on about the 47 … Continue reading
Ever wonder why Rasmussen so consistently skews toward a Romney victory in its election projections? Dick Morris explains: Almost all pollsters are using the 2008 turnout models in weighting their samples. Rasmussen, more accurately, uses a mixture of 2008 and … Continue reading
According to FiveThirtyEight.com, if the election is not a blowout, these are the FIVE states to watch on election night: Pennsylvania, Ohio, Colorado, Virginia, and Nevada: The victory conditions for Obama involving these five states proceed something as follows: 1. Win Pennsylvania … Continue reading
THE NEEDLE JOHN McCAIN MUST THREAD: Why Is McCain Spending So Much Time in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania?
John McCain isn’t investing heavy in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania because he’s polling close in those states—but because they’re his only reasonable route to 270 electoral votes. Chuck Todd explains:
“The largest lead among likely voters to date”: Gallup Polling Today, with Just 48 Hours to Go, Shows Obama AHEAD by 10 POINTS!
Read about it at Gallup here. Hurricane Barack may be reaching maximal strength just as the election arrives. Can we change the course of this country away from Bushism and anti-intellectual religious authoritarian Palinism? Yes we can!
McCain’s Big Gamble of Time and Resources Not Paying Off?: Pennsylvania Polls Seem to Show Obama’s Numbers Holding Steady
Despite John McCain and Sarah Palin’s extensive time in Pennsylvania this week, they do not appear to be pulling Obama’s numbers down. In other words, McCain’s gamble to devote a lot of time and money to the state is not … Continue reading
SwingStateProject has compiled the closing times of the polls on election night. First done will be Indiana: Time State Republican-Held Democratic-Held 6:00 PM 7:00 PM Indiana (E.) Indiana (W.) IN-03, IN-04, IN-Gov IN-09, IN-House 6:00 PM 7:00 PM Kentucky (E.) Kentucky … Continue reading
A New “Big Ten” Poll Shows Sarah Palin Sinking John McCain in the Midwest. Obama Leads Now in ALL the “Big Ten” States
Money quote from the poll report at BigTenPoll.org: The voters’ views of Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin have dimmed in the month since the first Big Ten poll. In September, half of voters in the national poll held a … Continue reading
Reality Check: Public Polling Data Released Today Still Has Obama in the Lead in Two Key States—Florida and North Carolina
Source: FiveThirtyEight.com for Oct. 18, 2008 Notice that the national polls have Obama in a 4-7 point national lead, and in two key states that McCain must win (Florida and North Carolina), he’s down by 2-4%. Also notice that two states … Continue reading
A CBS News poll of uncommitted voters says Obama won debate #3 handily: As in the previous debates, CBS News and Knowledge Networks have conducted a nationally representative poll of uncommitted voters to get their immediate reaction to tonight’s presidential debate. … Continue reading
Chart Source: FiveThirtyEight.com Nationally, McCain is trailing by about 8 percentage points with three weeks to go. This means that he needs to make up, on average, about 3 points a week to catch and surpass Obama. McCain better have … Continue reading
Reality Check: McCain Has His Work Seriously Cut Out for Him. And Because of His Age, Will McCain Really Have the Energy, Mental Alertness, and Physical Stamina to Turn This Map Around?
Electoral College: Obama 329, McCain 169 Toss-up 40 (270 to win) National popular vote: Obama 50.0%–42.0% McCain (Dark Blue (280): Obama +7.0% or more Lean Blue (49): Obama +2.6%-+6.9% White / Toss-up (40): Obama +2.5% to McCain +2.5% Lean Red … Continue reading
Countdown to Obamageddon!: 25 Days Left, and Obama Has His BEST Polling Day Yet. At This Rate, Obama May Even Win Georgia
Source: FiveThirtyEight.com November 4, 2008 may prove to be “Obamageddon” for the Fox News right. Sean Hannity must be squirming. Know hope. Go Obama!
What’s the Matter with Oklahoma? New Polls Show McCain Trouncing Obama—in Oklahoma! (But Nowhere Else.)
Latest polling numbers compiled at FiveThirtyEight.com. Yet another great polling day for Obama: