- 2,823,884 readers since June 2008
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- James Jeans and John Updike: A Scientist's Postulation and a Literary Figure's Reply
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Liberated Woman Come Home?: A Female Version of the Prodigal Son
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: Proposition 8
If you’re in Los Angeles (or one of the other large urban areas in the United States) you might want to check out this new documentary on gay rights and equality—and the religious right’s attempts to reverse them:
OUT OF THE CLOSET: National Review Online Comes Out in Opposition to BOTH Gay Marriage and Civil Unions
National Review Online today conflated same-sex marriage and civil unions, declaring them both “unwise.” In other words, the editors of National Review not only oppose same-sex marriage, they oppose even civil recognition (and legal protection) of homosexual relationships: Vermont has … Continue reading
“I’m proud to be a woman, I’m proud to be a black woman and I’m proud to be gay”: Comedian Wanda Sykes Yesterday Came Out of the Closet as a Lesbian
So according to Andrew Sullivan’s blog here. I’ve always loved Wanda Sykes—both as a comedian and regular character on Curb Your Enthusiasm. Here she is in an anti-homophobia ad apparently released recently: And here’s Wanda Sykes doing a comedy routine … Continue reading
Richard Nixon Would Have Voted YES on Proposition 8: Hear Richard Nixon Express His Disgust with San Francisco Gay People Here
The clip below is yet another good reason to vote NO on Proposition 8 (because a homophobe like Richard Nixon would have voted YES):
Perhaps the Ickiest Ad of the Campaign Season: Fundamentalists Turn Proposition 8 into an Issue of Armageddon-Sized Proportions
If you live in California, vote no on 8 (if, for no other reason, to deny the hysterics who made the ad below a victory based on insighting apocalyptic fear and religious alarm against the gay community). The video below is at … Continue reading
Apple Corporation, by the way, has come out strongly opposed to Proposition 8:
No on Proposition 8: An Articulate Endorsement of Gay Marriage in California by the Conservative Orange County Register
Money quote: Our preference would be for the government not to be involved in marriage, the most fundamental of institutions in a civil society. Why two people who want to be married should be required to get a license from … Continue reading
“Harvey Milk Day” in California? Governor Schwarzenegger Has to Sign the Bill First. And He Might Not.
A California assembly bill that would make May 22nd of each year “Harvey Milk Day” is on the governor’s desk, but he hasn’t indicated whether he’ll sign it yet. And some groups are starting to gin up opposition. Rich Buhler, a … Continue reading
55% to 38%: Great News for Gay Marriage in California. A New Field Poll Shows Proposition 8 LOSING Decisively Among California Voters
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Proposition 8 is polling poorly in California. The news article attributes the poor polling to the way the ballot measure is worded. Because same sex marriage is currently a RIGHT in California, the ballot … Continue reading
Gay Marriage Sensibility Watch: California’s Proposition 8, Which Would Take Away Gay People’s Existing State Constitutional Right to Marry, Recently Polled Poorly
A piece of hopeful news for gay rights supporters in California. Proposition 8, the November ballot measure that would, by altering the state’s constitution, take away gay people’s existing marriage rights in California, polled poorly in a recent survey done … Continue reading