- 2,824,569 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- Shakespeare, James Joyce, and the Dirty Encoding in Britney Spears's "If U Seek Amy"
- "The Poet's Eye in Fine Frenzy Rolling": Shakespeare and the Origin of Religion
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: PUMAS
Obama will win Pennsylvania by a comfortable margin—despite a tightening in the polls there. Here’s are the reasons: Democrats far outnumber Republicans in the state (in terms of registration) Obama has a strong “get out the vote” organization on the … Continue reading
There are just 20 days to the election, and Republican John McCain is down in the national polls by about 8 points. Because the third debate did nothing to shake-up the dynamics of the election, this will be the story … Continue reading
Cuts in Medicare!: Has John McCain Just Given Up on Florida? The New Republic Reports Today That His Campaign Says It Will Pay for His Health Care Plan Through “Cuts in Medicare”
How do you campaign on cuts in Medicare—and win Florida? The New Republic article is here: http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/10/06/mccain-i-m-not-raising-taxes-i-m-cutting-medicare.aspx
Who will win this week’s VP debate? Sarah Palin and her zombie-like enthusiasts? Or the ever flailing, mic-hoarding, and cocky Joe Biden?
“Ridding the world of demons—and witches.” See Here Thomas Muthee Pray Over Sarah Palin Against the Spirit of “Witchcraft”—and a Monty Python Retort
Thomas Muthee prays over Sarah Palin, May 2005: Here’s an AP account of Sarah Palin describing her experience being prayed over by Thomas Muthee: On a visit to the church in June 2008, Palin spoke fondly of the Kenyan pastor … Continue reading
Assassinated in 1978, Gay San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk May Get Honored With a State Holiday—If Governor Schwarzenegger Signs the Bill
Good news for gay civil rights. California Assembly Bill 2567 is on its way to governor Schwarzenegger’s desk for signature. The bill will make each May 22nd in California “Harvey Milk Day.” If, that is, the governor signs it. The … Continue reading
Memo to Sarah Palin: This is What Democracy Looks Like. A Good Exhange Between Bill O’Reilly and Barack Obama on Taxes
Barack Obama does an extended sit-down interview, where he receives tough questions, from Bill O’Reilly. Sarah Palin needs to start doing the same, and with people who aren’t necessarily sympathetic toward her. This is what democracy looks like:
And here’s the Beevis and Butthead version: And here’s John McCain, lying:
Out of Her Depth: When Charles Gibson Asks Sarah Palin about the Bush Doctrine, She Doesn’t Know What It Is!
ABC’s Charles Gibson, in his interview with Sarah Palin, asks her a simple question about the Bush Doctrine, and it’s obvious that she doesn’t know what the Bush doctrine is! Gibson has to define it for her before she can … Continue reading
Back to the Future: An Image of Book Burners and Icon Destroyers in Geneva, 1500s, and a Report by ABC News, 2008, on Sarah Palin’s Attempt to Ban Books from Wasilla Public Library
John Calvin’s Geneva, 16th century: And Sarah Palin’s Wasilla, 21st century:
In Our Contemporary Idiocracy, Could Thomas Jefferson Win an Election Against John McCain and Sarah Palin?
Can you imagine what the Republican noise machine would do to Thomas Jefferson if he were running against McCain-Palin? Here are just some of Jefferson’s fatal political liabilities, circa 2008: Jefferson was the ambassador to France. And if he was the … Continue reading
Cindy McCain’s $300,000 Heartland Outfit: Alex Koppelman of Slate Ironically Skewers the Faux Populism of the Republican Convention
Alex Koppelman of Slate on the third night of the 2008 Republican convention: You know, when the days get darkest for me, when it seems like there’s no hope left in this country, I’m always cheered by the fact that … Continue reading
To Energize the Base, Has McCain Just Given Up on Swing Voters?: Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo Thinks So
Josh Marshall on Sarah Palin’s 2008 Republican Convention speech: [T]ake this as a sign that the McCain campaign has abandoned an effort to compete for swing voters and go back to the base energizing strategy that worked for President Bush … Continue reading
Is Sarah Palin Sympathetic with the Goals of the Far-Right, Theocratic Reconstructionist Movement? Frederick Clarkson Lays Out the Information that Suggest She Might Be
Journalist Frederick Clarkson, at his blog, lays out the rather disturbing background information about the Alaska Independence Party. The Alaska Independence Party (AIP) held its 2000 convention in Palin’s hometown, Wasalia, when Palin was mayor. The McCain campaign admits that … Continue reading
An Itsy-Bitsy Thing McCain’s Perfunctory Vetting Process Missed: For Two Years, in the 1990s, Sarah Palin May Have Been a Member of an Alaska Secessionist Group!
Oops. John McCain, on Thursday, when he met with Sarah Palin, forgot to ask her this little question: Before I invite you onto the ticket with me, you’ve never, like, you know, been involved with any groups advocating Alaska’s secession from the United States, or … Continue reading
She Felt Their Pain, Then Stopped Feeling It: The Anchorage Daily News Details VP Pick Sarah Palin’s Support for—then Opposition to—The Bridge to Nowhere Federal Project
The Anchorage Daily News details Sarah Palin’s flip-flop on “The Bridge to Nowhere” Federal Project. Money quote: When John McCain introduced Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate Friday, her reputation as a tough-minded budget-cutter was front and center. “I … Continue reading
“Alaska is the Closest Part of Our Continent to Russia”: Cindy McCain Makes Alaska’s Proximity to Siberia a Foreign Policy Qualification for Sarah Palin!
The brazen insincerity of Cindy McCain’s response, the lack of adult seriousness, the wrecklessness, and the underlying contempt for the intelligence of voters that it represents, would be funny if this were a faux news clip from the ONION. But it’s not. … Continue reading
She’s a woman, like Hillary Clinton, but the comparison stops there. Will moderate and liberal women drink McCain’s version of political near beer—Sarah Palin?