- 2,824,972 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- End Times Hysteria Watch: Lyn Benedetto Allegedly Tried to Kill Her Daughters to Save Them from The Tribulation
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Definition and Origin of the Phrase "The Whole Nine Yards"
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Two Roswell Witnesses: Major Jesse Marcel in a 1984 Interview and Lt. Jack Trowbridge in a More Recent Interview
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: racism
Muslims and Non-Muslims Breaking Silence and Bread: James Fallows on Individual Idiosyncracies and Large Group Traits
At the Atlantic’s website this week, James Fallows cautions against making hasty generalizations about Muslims: It is just as possible to say what typifies “Muslims” as it is to say what typifies all Indians, or all Chinese, or all of the world’s … Continue reading
The New York Times today had an interesting piece on how Republican Party hacks continue to demonize Barack Obama as the alien “other” in the White House, and do so in ways that are designed to keep in high alarm mode the party’s … Continue reading
How do people respond when an American Muslim is denied service in a bakery? ABC News did a little experiment:
Glenn Beck’s followers speak:
At TruthDig, Amy Goodman bemoans those who have fallen silent over the mosque near ground zero and asks a good question: [There is an] absence of people in the U.S. in leadership positions in every walk of life, of every political stripe, … Continue reading
At Salon today, Gabriel Winant asks a good question: The right hand of the GOP plays a waltz for the party’s dance with big business; the left hand beats out a populist rhythm. Somehow, the two don’t cancel each other … Continue reading
By Victorian standards, and even by our own, Charles Darwin was a sensitive and liberal person—someone who clearly loved animals and human beings, and opposed slavery. And, like a theologian justifying God’s ways to man, I think that Darwin did … Continue reading
. Hat tip: Jerry Coyne
In response to its Latino targeting anti-immigration law, honors students from outside of Arizona are ditching their plans of attending Arizona State University. This today at Inside Higher Ed: President Robert E. Shelton released a letter in which he said: “We … Continue reading
Author Tayari Jones is boycotting Arizona, a state in which she once resided. In a letter to the organizers of the Pima Summer Writers Conference in Tucson, Arizona, she explains her decision to avoid the state: Due to the passage of … Continue reading
Joan Walsh this weekend reflected on GOP racism and offered this ironic observation as retort to the idea that Barack Obama has somehow brought this past year’s Republican hysteria and paranoia onto himself: It’s a shame how our cautious, centrist … Continue reading
Jonathan Rauch on the Contemporary GOP: “Barry Goldwater and Nelson Rockefeller got into an argument and George Wallace won”
Jonathan Rauch today posted a seminal analysis of the GOP in the light of George Wallace. A taste: Goldwater served for 30 years as a respected insider in Washington’s most exclusive club, the U.S. Senate; he was never interested in cultural and social … Continue reading
Pat Robertson thinks that God recently visited upon Haiti a devastating earthquake because the country displeases him. And why does the country displease Him? Because to get rid of the French at the time of its colonization, the country’s independence fighters supposedly made a pact … Continue reading
Charlotte Essman of East Texas: Dark Prophetess of JFK’s Assassination—and President Barack Obama’s?
The following letter by Charlotte Essman, written to President Lyndon Johnson two days after John Kennedy was assassinated, is part of the LBJ Presidential Library archive in Texas. Charlotte Essman was simply a citizen processing her grief over Kennedy’s murder by Lee Harvey Oswald. … Continue reading
Of course not. Glenn Beck is not seriously trying to have a dialogue about the subject. He’s not having an exchange. He’s communicating to a base audience in racial code. He won’t even attempt a dialogue on “white culture” with, … Continue reading
Darwinian eugenics is making a serious comeback. We better start thinking about it again—hard. Here’s a reminder of how all that went the first time around:
What is the South smoking? Are they even tracking the same person? Daily Kos today displayed this telling statistic: Barack Obama has strong favorability numbers everywhere in the United States—except in the South. So extreme is the contrast, that the South essentially mirrors … Continue reading
Glenn Beck Racist Watch: Glenn Beck Declines an Opportunity to Explain What He Means by “White Culture”
Hilarious. Glenn Beck is asked to explain what he means when he talks about “white culture”, and words completely fail him. He is so full of shit. Watch him squirm at the question here. Oh, and it’s here at YouTube, … Continue reading