- 2,773,581 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- The Passion of the Christopher: Hitchens's Death Eerily Enacts That of Jesus's
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 3 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: You left something out @BillKristol- GOP's control (or partial control) of states like WI, PA, FL, OH, AZ, GA, MI) & a… 2 weeks ago
- RT @RVAT2020: Justin, a retired Army Ranger, explains why he left the GOP over Donald Trump: "I did five deployments in service of this na… 2 weeks ago
- #BlackLivesMatter. She's not backing down from "Master race dude." #SilenceIsDeath twitter.com/RachelBitecofe… 3 weeks ago
- RT @greg_doucette: Being armed with a water bottle gets you teargas and a bullet to the eye Being armed with an AR-15 gets you discreet pe… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Republican party
When the average, middle class Republican donor put up $40 to support the Republican Party, do you suppose (s)he knew that it would pay for Marco Rubio going to Disney World? Marco Rubio’s Use of Party Credit Card Reinforces a … Continue reading
The Republican Party’s Dilemma for 2016: Should It Increase Its Hispanic Or White Voting Percentage?
Steven Cohen, at The New Republic, concisely slices and dices the Republican dilemma surrounding Hispanics: Republican elites believe that they can stave off this racialized fissure with bilingual campaign ads and half-hearted appeals to pragmatism. What they ignore is not … Continue reading
The below quote startled me. It comes from a conservative writer who locates the signal in the noise as to what Donald Trump really means for American politics: the Europeanization of the Republican Party. In other words, Trump is riding … Continue reading
Build a Wall: Rush Limbaugh and Donald Trump’s Alternative To The Demographic Californication Of America
This recent quote from Rush Limbaugh surprised me: If you want to find the future of the Republican Party and the country, look at California. There isn’t a single Republican in statewide office. There never will be in the future. … Continue reading
The Republicans’ ongoing racism problem. Even after what just played out over the Confederate flag in South Carolina, there are now racist Republican Congressmen–Congressmen!–who want to shift the battle to Congress. They want Confederate flags displayed on federal lands. Wow. … Continue reading
From 16% to 23% of the American population. That’s how fast the religiously unaffiliated have risen in America over the past eight years. Stunning. The Republican Party and the Internet have ruined Christianity in America. Republicans have politicized religion, and … Continue reading
Nevada rancher Clive Bundy–Sean Hannity’s hero, the Tea Party’s id, and the latest cause celebre on Fox News–has just had his predictable meltdown, expressing overtly racist sentiments to a New York Times reporter. Right wing politicians, including presidential hopeful Rand … Continue reading
On the Future of the Republican Party, This Photo of an Empty Conference Room at CPAC Devoted to Minority Outreach Pretty Much Says It All
Via Twitter: John Hudak@JohnJHudak Big problem for GOP. Most important #CPAC2014 panel. Topic: minority outreach. View: largely empty room. pic.twitter.com/LQKQ0QwwVc 11:09 AM – 6 Mar 2014
Ted Nugent, if you haven’t yet heard, recently called President Obama an outright subhuman mongrel: I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame enough Americans to be ever vigilant not to let a Chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan wrote the following yesterday: Today we discovered just how radical the House GOP is: threatening to blow up the entire faith and credit of the country in order, among other things, to build the Keystone Pipeline and effectively nullify the last … Continue reading
In psychology, you can change your attitude or you can change your behavior, and it’s always easier to change an attitude than it is to change a behavior. That’s apologetics; what it is really. Apologetics gives the doubting believer heavily … Continue reading
And it’s getting worse. Tom Edsall at The New York Times reviews some of the academic literature on this subject: [R]esearchers have gathered a substantial amount of information on the opinions of white American voters. The political scientists Michael Tesler of Brown … Continue reading
According to the most recent census figures, the percentage of Americans who identify themselves as “white, not Hispanic” is 63.4% of the population. The United States has about 314 million citizens, and therefore about 199 million white citizens. Why do … Continue reading
Wearable computing in the form of smartwatches may be the next big extension of man (and woman). Here’s The Los Angeles Times on what Apple appears to be up to: [Smartwatch owners may soon be able to] read emails, Facebook notifications … Continue reading
Ezra Klein at The Washington Post is against it: There are already cracks in the GOP’s coalition over whether holding the debt ceiling hostage is such a good idea, with Newt Gingrich, the Wall Street Journal and assorted columnists beginning to head to the exits. … Continue reading
In the fiscal cliff negotiations, Republican politicians are facing an existential choice, and they’re showing signs of stress and fracture because of it. President Obama has already put his neck out. To bring the federal deficit down, he wants increased … Continue reading
Peak Far Right Watch: Ann Coulter’s Vision for America is Largely Jewless and Looks Like the Republican Party Convention Floor in New York in 2004
Peak Far Right is the idea that the night of Barack Obama’s reelection constituted the historic fulcrum upon which the long-term demographic decline of the Republican Party as a white Christian party commenced. In other words, Obama’s reelection was the … Continue reading
Maureen Dowd, at the New York Times this weekend, on Republican apologists on election night, November 6, 2012: Republicans and Fox News have excelled at conjuring alternate realities. But this time, they made the mistake of believing their fake world … Continue reading
The following “emperor has no clothes” moment of truth-telling comes from a white Republican, Laurence Wilkerson, Colin Powell’s former chief-of-staff: “My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people — not all of them, but most of them — who are … Continue reading
Mitt Romney and Rosemary’s Baby: Why Rape Is To The Republican Party What Pedophilia Is To The Catholic Church
Why is rape to the Republican Party what pedophilia is to the Catholic Church? Because both the Republican Party and the Catholic Church have set themselves apart as the proud swimmers against the secular mainstream: as upholders of tradition, traditional … Continue reading