- 2,885,885 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Back to the Closet and Coat Hanger: Clay Bennett's Unsettling Image of a Mitt Romney Presidency Combined with Republican Control of Congress
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump: Two Saturns Eating Their Children
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Republican
This was in The New York Times this past week: “Democrats are for a bunch of freeloaders in this world as far as I’m concerned,” said Gari Day, 63, an Avis bus driver from suburban Detroit. “Republicans make you work … Continue reading
You can’t change your mind in a liberal direction if you can’t keep a line of argumentation straight in your head. Thus is Rick Perry’s conservative purity guaranteed. His rational faculties impaired, he’ll always “think” with his gut. Therefore, score a big … Continue reading
For the 2012 primaries, I’d like to see the following question asked of the Republican presidential candidate field (during a debate): Do you believe that, five days after the universe began, there were whales in it? Genesis 1 says that there … Continue reading
With regard to the universe’s appearance of vast age, Albert Mohler, President of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky, offers this curious argument: The universe looks old because the creator made it whole. When he made Adam, Adam was … Continue reading
I think this is clever:
Galt’s Gulch: As Neoliberalism and Barack Obama Ascend, Ayn Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged” Sees a Dramatic Increase in Sales
A sign of anxiety and nostalgia? Conservatives in a time of advancing liberalism are escaping into the “Galt’s Gulch” of Ayn Rand’s fiction. This at the Ayn Rand Institute website: “The spike in sales of Atlas Shrugged more than a … Continue reading
Brilliantly and thoroughly here. And here’s a cherry on top:
John Santore of Media Matters calls out Glenn Beck for helping to spawn a right wing cultural climate of hysteria and paranoia that is now poised to spill over into very real and serious violence: How many times can Beck portray Obama as … Continue reading
At AlterNet.com today, Adele Stan makes the health care debate stakes crystal clear: If President Barack Obama succeeds in signing a major health care reform bill into law — one that provides a public plan for people currently priced out … Continue reading
God, this was so refreshing. So non-Orwellian. And on Fox News!
“There are times when an abortion is necessary. I know that. When you have a black and a white . . .” —Richard M Nixon. —————————- And Andrew Sullivan observes: “So the 37th president would have aborted the 44th.”
And hence so is global peace. Andrew Sullivan said something today that completely blew me away: [T]he use of the Koran in resisting oppression of this kind, now confirmed all over the place, strikes me as a vital gesture. It … Continue reading
Histiophryne psychedelica, the weirdest fish ever . . . more Power boobs from the Paleolithic . . . more To win back Hispanic voters, silver-haired white male Republican politicians will have to do more than just have photo-shoots of themselves “eating tacos alongside … Continue reading
Obama Conspiracy Theories “live within the computer and they fester in people’s minds”: After the Abortion Doctor and Holocaust Museum Shootings, Shepard Smith Worries About Obama’s Assassination by Far-Right Crazies in a Discussion with Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center
Is the authoritarian right on its way to a noxious repeat of the militia movement culture that culminated, in the 1990s, in the Oklahoma City bombing—only this time with the target being our first African American president? After the U.S. Holocaust … Continue reading
After the Abortion Doctor and Holocaust Museum Shootings: Contemporary Right Wing Racism—and the Threat It Poses to President Obama
Shepard Smith basically said aloud what I’ve been thinking for awhile. The hyper-amped far-right in this country is ginning up an atmosphere that makes Obama’s assassination ever more likely. Last week it was the murder of an abortion clinic doctor … Continue reading
A bit of a flashback:
Father Absent at an Early Age, Raised by a Strong Mother, Ivy League School, Law Journal Editor: Judge Sonia Sotomayor Has Curiously Similar Life Experiences to Barack Obama’s
President Obama’s first Supreme Court pick is a Puerto Rican woman who rose from poverty. Judge Sonia Sotomayor grew up in the Bronx housing projects, and has curiously similar life experiences to Obama. But it will be ugly watching the … Continue reading