- 2,882,535 readers since June 2008
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ray Léonard on In praise of Chateauneuf (Voltaire’s godfather and tutor)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Charles Sanders Peirce on the Method of Tenacity
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Genesis vs. Evolution--with Edward Feser to Religion's Rescue!
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: rick perry
___ Rick Perry’s inane original ad here.
I think this remix on Rick Perry’s “Strong” ad illustrates rather nicely the ugly way that gays function as “out-group” in contemporary Republican politics:
You can’t change your mind in a liberal direction if you can’t keep a line of argumentation straight in your head. Thus is Rick Perry’s conservative purity guaranteed. His rational faculties impaired, he’ll always “think” with his gut. Therefore, score a big … Continue reading
At RD Magazine, Sarah Posner reports that Rick Perry supporter, the Rev. Robert Jeffress of First Baptist Church Dallas, excludes Mormonism from Christianity, quoting him as saying the following: [Mormons] have never been considered by evangelical Christians to be part of … Continue reading
This blogger nails it: Perry’s rules of rhetorical engagement boil down to 1) constantly impugn your opponents’ motives by insinuation; 2) shamelessly misrepresent their policies; 3) tag existing federal programs and functions with inflammatory and manifestly inaccurate labels; 4) eschew … Continue reading
A little child (with his mother’s promptings) shall lead him:
Jon Huntsman Shocker: Plants And Animals Change Over Time And Carbon Dioxide Raises Atmospheric Temperatures!
This dude’s presidential aspirations, at least from within the Republican Party, are toast. . Actually, on a more serious note, I can’t help but wonder if Jon Huntsman is gunning for the Vice Presidency. As President Obama’s former ambassador … Continue reading
Of Barack Obama’s apparent failure as president, Norman Podhoretz, writing in the Wall Street Journal, traces it to President Obama’s anti-Americanism, which he defines as follows: [H]is unshakable strategic objective . . . is to turn this country into a … Continue reading
I’m not thrilled with Rick Perry’s Christianism, but his otherwise libertarian instincts are damned appealing. After watching his announcement to seek the Republican nomination for president, I’d be tempted to vote for him, and I’m a liberal! President Obama is … Continue reading
Here’s the New York Times on this grave matter: In the four months since [Texas governor Rick] Perry’s request for divine intervention, his state has taken a dramatic turn for the worse. Nearly all of Texas is now in “extreme … Continue reading
The Herderian religious conservative governor of Texas, Rick Perry, at the recent Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans, appears to have wowed the Christian fundamentalist dominated crowd. This is from NBC News: Of all the speakers of the three-day confab, Perry was … Continue reading