- 2,824,549 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- "The Poet's Eye in Fine Frenzy Rolling": Shakespeare and the Origin of Religion
- Shakespeare, James Joyce, and the Dirty Encoding in Britney Spears's "If U Seek Amy"
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: same-sex marriage
A methodical dismantling of anti-gay marriage claims and their disingenuous supports:
In the Guardian of London (and reposted at AlterNet), Michelle Goldberg has an essay on secularism in America. Money quote: [N]o religious group in the United States is growing as fast as those who profess no religion at all. The … Continue reading
A Supporter of Gay Marriage—and an Opponent of Gay Marriage—Write a Joint Piece in the NY Times Proposing a Federal Compromise on the Issue
This just might work. It seems sensible to me. Money quote: It would work like this: Congress would bestow the status of federal civil unions on same-sex marriages and civil unions granted at the state level, thereby conferring upon them … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan today asks a good question about anti-homosexual HETEROSEXUALS who would exclude gays from civil marriage recognition: Why are their marriages defined not by the virtues they sustain but the people they exclude?
This brilliant idea comes from Tom Ackerman via Andrew Sullivan’s blog: Yesterday I called a woman’s spouse her boyfriend. She says, correcting me, “He’s my husband,” “Oh,” I say, “I no longer recognize marriage.” The impact is obvious. I tried … Continue reading
Sean Penn may be headed for a “best actor” Oscar for his performance in Milk. Roger Ebert also praises Penn’s performance, and gives the film four stars. Money quote: Sean Penn never tries to show Harvey Milk as a hero, … Continue reading
Today, Salon.com posted an interview with Richard Rodriguez on gay marriage. Money quote: [I]t’s one thing for the churches to insist on their right to define the sacrament of marriage for their own members. But it’s quite another for them to … Continue reading
“I’m proud to be a woman, I’m proud to be a black woman and I’m proud to be gay”: Comedian Wanda Sykes Yesterday Came Out of the Closet as a Lesbian
So according to Andrew Sullivan’s blog here. I’ve always loved Wanda Sykes—both as a comedian and regular character on Curb Your Enthusiasm. Here she is in an anti-homophobia ad apparently released recently: And here’s Wanda Sykes doing a comedy routine … Continue reading
Love not H8. Here’s the organizing website for protesting California’s anti-gay equality Proposition 8 this Saturday: http://jointheimpact.wetpaint.com/
Andrew Sullivan is philosophical about the passage of Proposition 8 in California: Law never trumps love. And one day it will echo it. This is a fine sentiment, recalling Martin Luther King, and rallies the heart for the battles ahead, but … Continue reading
Although Proposition 8 in California passed, and the rights and equality of gay people were set back, Andrew Sullivan said something moving about same sex marriage advocates and activists, and the equality that they came so close to more permanently establishing … Continue reading
See Here San Diego Mayor Sanders Powerful Account of His Reversal on the Issue of Gay Marriage—Then Join Him in Voting NO on Proposition 8
A conservative Republican makes a uniquely powerful and moving appeal for gay equality. Caution: You might cry watching this.
The Spiritual Mapping Movement and Proposition 8: 15,000 Nervy Attendees to an Anti-Gay Rally in San Diego Pray and Organize to Vote to Drive the Devil Out of California
Rex Wockner, a former Catholic seminarian, and now a journalist for numerous gay publications, did a fascinating photo-essay on this weekend’s YES ON PROPOSITION 8 anti-gay rights rally at Qualcom Stadium in San Diego. He found the crowd’s enthusiasm sometimes cult-like—and … Continue reading
Richard Nixon Would Have Voted YES on Proposition 8: Hear Richard Nixon Express His Disgust with San Francisco Gay People Here
The clip below is yet another good reason to vote NO on Proposition 8 (because a homophobe like Richard Nixon would have voted YES):
The Republican mayor of San Diego movingly switches to the pro-gay marriage position. Be prepared to cry watching this:
One of his daughters is lesbian and married in California: