- 2,909,841 readers since June 2008
- Evelyn Stone on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Bible says beastiality is ok on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Stan on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- geirsmith1 on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Christian on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- nothingbutthepub on Evolution v. Creation Metaphor Watch: Is Nature “Red in Tooth and Claw”?
- Bradley on Bonobo Liberals? Chimp Conservatives?
- Bill on Shakespeare, James Joyce, and the Dirty Encoding in Britney Spears’s “If U Seek Amy”
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- A Poem on the Death of God
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Barack Obama, Free Will, and Atheism
- Judge William Adams Alludes to the Bible as He Beats His Daughter, Hallie
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
Tag Archives: Saudi Arabia
As of this morning, over 26,000 Facebookers are calling for the death of poet and feminist Hamza Kashgari for Twitter blasphemy against the Prophet Muhammad. The number has been steadily climbing over the past week. If you find this as distressing as … Continue reading
Hamza Kashgari’s Muhammad Birthday Tweets Unleash the Jihad on Him—and Silence from the Obama Administration
Saudi writer Hamza Kashgari’s handful of ambivalent tweets about Islam’s superhero, Muhammad (such as this one, “On your birthday, I shall not bow to you. I shall not kiss your hand. Rather, I shall shake it as equals do, and smile … Continue reading
This woman’s life seems to me a nightmare. How do women come to comply with living like this, and so casually defend it to outsiders? ___ And, if you don’t have time for the whole second clip, at least check out … Continue reading
Mansor Almaribe, an Australian man visiting Saudi Arabia, didn’t insult the Prophet Muhammad, but one of Muhammad’s companions. It was enough. The Australian reports the result: a sentence of 500 lashes and a year in prison. Isn’t Sharia grand? The … Continue reading
If a recent projection is to be believed, China and the United States will be at gross domestic product parity sometime around 2016 (each country with a GDP in the 18-20 trillion dollar range). And because China’s growth is likely … Continue reading
Richard Heinberg’s talk on peak oil is very good. Here’s part 1 of 5: And here’s part 2 of 5:
Is the Republican Party becoming a metaphorical Saudi Arabia? Here’s religious scholar, Reza Aslan, on some lessons that he has drawn from studying Saudi Arabia’s experience with religious fundamentalism: I think that Resa Atlan’s observations here should be sobering for any … Continue reading
The Afghan-Pakistan War: Nelson Fraser of The Spectator Writes of the Expanding War that Dare Not Speak Its Name
Pakistan has just switched up leaders, and has nuclear weapons, so nobody much wants to talk about it, but the War on Terror is fast expanding from Afghanistan into Pakistani territory. Nelson Fraser of The Spectator wrote an important article on this … Continue reading