- 2,895,982 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Carol Dickinson on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Bradley on Bonobo Liberals? Chimp Conservatives?
- Bill on Shakespeare, James Joyce, and the Dirty Encoding in Britney Spears’s “If U Seek Amy”
- Anonymous on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- twilighto on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "Symbols": A Poem by Christina Rossetti
- "The Poet's Eye in Fine Frenzy Rolling": Shakespeare and the Origin of Religion
- G.K Chesterton's Defense of Mysticism and Poetry
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- New Atheism vs. Intelligent Design Watch: Atheist Philosopher, Thomas Nagel, Recommends Stephen Meyer's "Signature in the Cell" (2009), and Atheist Jerry Coyne Doesn't Like Nagel's Favorable Review One Bit
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 2 years ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 2 years ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 2 years ago
Tag Archives: silence
And is it an analogue for being alone? In a new book, George Prochnik explores silence, and the New York Times reviews it: The underground chapel at the Trappist New Melleray Abbey south of Dubuque, Iowa, is so quiet that visitors sometimes … Continue reading
Both of my wife’s parents are alive and in their late 70s, and here’s what her mother said in response to the idea of having a big 50th wedding anniversary party: Everybody who came to our wedding is dead! My wife’s … Continue reading
The film version: Notice, at the very beginning of the clip, the strategic placement of the tree, and Tommy Lee Jones crooking his neck ever so slightly, not blinking, as if his fate is to, as it were, be dangled by … Continue reading
This looks promising. Cormac McCarthy’s novel, The Road (2006), has been turned into a film, and a review in Salon suggests that the movie is actually better, on balance, than the book. That doesn’t happen every day. Here’s what Salon’s … Continue reading
Physicist Paul Davies, from the conclusion of his book, The Goldilock’s Enigma: So, how come existence? At the end of the day, all the approaches I have discussed are likely to prove unsatisfactory. In fact, in reviewing them they all seem … Continue reading
The Sound of Silence: In Her Interview with Katie Couric, Sarah Palin Didn’t Know of a Single Supreme Court Case Apart from Roe v. Wade! She Simply Fell Silent When Asked!
This is outrageous. CBS is not releasing part of the interview that Sarah Palin did with Katie Couric. Why? Because it would be embarrassing to her! From Politico today: Of concern to McCain’s campaign, however, is a remaining and still-undisclosed … Continue reading