- 2,777,506 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- An Atheist Writes a Poem: Thomas Hardy's "Hap"
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- James Wood: Literature Complexifies the Atheist-Theist Debate
Tag Archives: taoism
THE RELIGION TREE I. The leaf doesn’t fall far from the tree, and we are all leaves on the same tree, and will take our leave from here. II. The yellow leaf signals fall, the green leaf, pride before the fall. … Continue reading
Using the metaphor of a tree, in the following poem I try to boil down the essence of the human predicament (which I take to be suffering, change, and death) and the response of each major religion to it (including the atheist … Continue reading
After a year of being down for repairs, the Large Hadron Collider at CERN is starting to, like, smash protons together again. According to the AP today: The aim is to hurl protons into each other at close to the speed … Continue reading
Alan Watts was a former Anglican priest turned scholar of Japanese Zen. An icon of the 1960s counter-culture, Watts used to go around giving spontaneous and magical lectures at American college campuses, turning-on students to Eastern forms of reflection and meditation. … Continue reading