- 2,777,153 readers since June 2008
- barneybettyhill on Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
- Glenn Hall on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- The Journey Starts Now: How To Discover What Motivates Us - Yellow Parachute Learning Partners on Human Beings are “Purpose Maximizers, Not Profit Maximizers”
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- Suicide is Painless? Albert Camus's First Problem of Philosophy---and the Southern Novelist Walker Percy's Answer to It
- An Atheist Writes a Poem: Thomas Hardy's "Hap"
- James Wood: Literature Complexifies the Atheist-Theist Debate
- William Dembski: Noah's Flood May Have Been Global
- The Difference Between Having An Ideology And Having An Agenda
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 6 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Trump cares more about dead traitors than live patriots. RT this @votevets ad & tell your followers https://t.co/OD5Z… 1 week ago
- RT @ltgrusselhonore: Make a note, We need to forbid police and federal agents from using military uniforms . The camo uniforms are meant to… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MittRomney: Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying t… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: tehran
This today in the NY Times: Western intelligence officials now want to determine whether there are even more secret enrichment sites. Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates dodged the question of whether there were additional sites during a television appearance over … Continue reading
No, he will not yield the mic, nor will he sit down, until he has spoken his peace: President Obama, in pushing his own agenda, could learn a thing or two from this defiant and courageous Iranian. Know hope. Here and there.
I see characteristics of the brave Iranian protesters in two characters in Albert Camus’s novels. Meursault (the protagonist of The Stranger ) and Dr. Rieux (the protagonist of The Plague ) are both possessed of admirable heroic qualities. Rieux is … Continue reading
The WTF Moment of the Day: A Father is Told That He Must Pay $3,000 for the Bullet That the Government Used to Murder His Son
According to the Wall Street Journal, on Saturday in Iran, a young man, returning home from an acting class, went missing. It turns out that, though he was not a government protester, he was caught in the crossfire between the … Continue reading
And she is now the face of the Iranian Revolution 2.0, exposing the current regime’s brutality and illegitimacy. She was 27 years old:
Okay, I know this is a quirky song to dedicate to the Iranian resistance, but its got the color green in it, and its earnest soulfulness and beauty somehow seem right. And how can you stop the sun from shining?
Pushing Back Against the Iranian Regime’s Riot Police with a Protester Flashing a Peace Sign to the Camara
Video from Iran today: Know hope.
A woman being murdered on the street by the Basij (the Iranian regime’s paramilitary force used to police morals and quell internal public dissent). If you pray, pray that moderate Muslims succeed in overthrowing this vile regime: And from another … Continue reading
And hence so is global peace. Andrew Sullivan said something today that completely blew me away: [T]he use of the Koran in resisting oppression of this kind, now confirmed all over the place, strikes me as a vital gesture. It … Continue reading
The Antisemitic Ayatollah Khamenei, in His Threat to Crackdown on Protesters, Can’t Resist a Bit of Jew-Baiting and Swipes at the West
It’s a reminder of how viscerally Antisemitic and anti-Western the Iranian regime is. The Ayatollah Khamenei at Friday prayers today in Tehran: “The competition for the election was very clear. Enemies and dirty Zionists tried to show the election as a … Continue reading
Iranian Police, in Full Riot Regalia, Rush on a Crowd of Protesters at Tehran University Earlier This Week
In solidarity with the brave and non-violent people, old and young, of Iran. And they want us to. Here’s a twitter comment from Iran yesterday: MOUSAVI APPEALS TO THE WORLD TO PARTICIPATE IN SEA OF GREEN IN ALL CAPITAL CITIES THIS … Continue reading
Snipers From Atop a Government Building Shoot into a Crowd of Protesters. One Young Man, in This YouTube Video, Appears to Be Bleeding to Death
This today on YouTube. Why aren’t the American cable networks airing these images and following what’s happening in Iran more thoroughly?:
Following the stolen election, here’s what the Iranian protesters are chanting: “Meejangam, Meemeeram, rayam-o-pass meegeeram” “I will fight, I will die, I will get my vote back.” Something’s happening. Is this 1989?:
Darius, an Iranian in Tehran, on the day after the Islamofascist Iranian regime stole the Friday election, wrote this to one of the threads at FiveThirtyEight.com: I’m sitting in my grandparents’ house in Tehran right now and I’m hearing mini-explosions, there’s … Continue reading