- 2,882,460 readers since June 2008
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ray Léonard on In praise of Chateauneuf (Voltaire’s godfather and tutor)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Genesis vs. Evolution--with Edward Feser to Religion's Rescue!
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- In Evolution We Trust?: England Puts Charles Darwin on the Back of Its Ten Pound Bank Note
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: tehran
This today in the NY Times: Western intelligence officials now want to determine whether there are even more secret enrichment sites. Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates dodged the question of whether there were additional sites during a television appearance over … Continue reading
No, he will not yield the mic, nor will he sit down, until he has spoken his peace: President Obama, in pushing his own agenda, could learn a thing or two from this defiant and courageous Iranian. Know hope. Here and there.
I see characteristics of the brave Iranian protesters in two characters in Albert Camus’s novels. Meursault (the protagonist of The Stranger ) and Dr. Rieux (the protagonist of The Plague ) are both possessed of admirable heroic qualities. Rieux is … Continue reading
The WTF Moment of the Day: A Father is Told That He Must Pay $3,000 for the Bullet That the Government Used to Murder His Son
According to the Wall Street Journal, on Saturday in Iran, a young man, returning home from an acting class, went missing. It turns out that, though he was not a government protester, he was caught in the crossfire between the … Continue reading
And she is now the face of the Iranian Revolution 2.0, exposing the current regime’s brutality and illegitimacy. She was 27 years old:
Okay, I know this is a quirky song to dedicate to the Iranian resistance, but its got the color green in it, and its earnest soulfulness and beauty somehow seem right. And how can you stop the sun from shining?
Pushing Back Against the Iranian Regime’s Riot Police with a Protester Flashing a Peace Sign to the Camara
Video from Iran today: Know hope.
A woman being murdered on the street by the Basij (the Iranian regime’s paramilitary force used to police morals and quell internal public dissent). If you pray, pray that moderate Muslims succeed in overthrowing this vile regime: And from another … Continue reading
And hence so is global peace. Andrew Sullivan said something today that completely blew me away: [T]he use of the Koran in resisting oppression of this kind, now confirmed all over the place, strikes me as a vital gesture. It … Continue reading
The Antisemitic Ayatollah Khamenei, in His Threat to Crackdown on Protesters, Can’t Resist a Bit of Jew-Baiting and Swipes at the West
It’s a reminder of how viscerally Antisemitic and anti-Western the Iranian regime is. The Ayatollah Khamenei at Friday prayers today in Tehran: “The competition for the election was very clear. Enemies and dirty Zionists tried to show the election as a … Continue reading
Iranian Police, in Full Riot Regalia, Rush on a Crowd of Protesters at Tehran University Earlier This Week
In solidarity with the brave and non-violent people, old and young, of Iran. And they want us to. Here’s a twitter comment from Iran yesterday: MOUSAVI APPEALS TO THE WORLD TO PARTICIPATE IN SEA OF GREEN IN ALL CAPITAL CITIES THIS … Continue reading
Snipers From Atop a Government Building Shoot into a Crowd of Protesters. One Young Man, in This YouTube Video, Appears to Be Bleeding to Death
This today on YouTube. Why aren’t the American cable networks airing these images and following what’s happening in Iran more thoroughly?:
Following the stolen election, here’s what the Iranian protesters are chanting: “Meejangam, Meemeeram, rayam-o-pass meegeeram” “I will fight, I will die, I will get my vote back.” Something’s happening. Is this 1989?:
Darius, an Iranian in Tehran, on the day after the Islamofascist Iranian regime stole the Friday election, wrote this to one of the threads at FiveThirtyEight.com: I’m sitting in my grandparents’ house in Tehran right now and I’m hearing mini-explosions, there’s … Continue reading