- 2,820,332 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Donna Haraway's Question: Would I Rather Be A Goddess Or A Cyborg?
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Tag Archives: tehran
This today in the NY Times: Western intelligence officials now want to determine whether there are even more secret enrichment sites. Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates dodged the question of whether there were additional sites during a television appearance over … Continue reading
No, he will not yield the mic, nor will he sit down, until he has spoken his peace: President Obama, in pushing his own agenda, could learn a thing or two from this defiant and courageous Iranian. Know hope. Here and there.
I see characteristics of the brave Iranian protesters in two characters in Albert Camus’s novels. Meursault (the protagonist of The Stranger ) and Dr. Rieux (the protagonist of The Plague ) are both possessed of admirable heroic qualities. Rieux is … Continue reading
The WTF Moment of the Day: A Father is Told That He Must Pay $3,000 for the Bullet That the Government Used to Murder His Son
According to the Wall Street Journal, on Saturday in Iran, a young man, returning home from an acting class, went missing. It turns out that, though he was not a government protester, he was caught in the crossfire between the … Continue reading
And she is now the face of the Iranian Revolution 2.0, exposing the current regime’s brutality and illegitimacy. She was 27 years old:
Okay, I know this is a quirky song to dedicate to the Iranian resistance, but its got the color green in it, and its earnest soulfulness and beauty somehow seem right. And how can you stop the sun from shining?
Pushing Back Against the Iranian Regime’s Riot Police with a Protester Flashing a Peace Sign to the Camara
Video from Iran today: Know hope.
A woman being murdered on the street by the Basij (the Iranian regime’s paramilitary force used to police morals and quell internal public dissent). If you pray, pray that moderate Muslims succeed in overthrowing this vile regime: And from another … Continue reading
And hence so is global peace. Andrew Sullivan said something today that completely blew me away: [T]he use of the Koran in resisting oppression of this kind, now confirmed all over the place, strikes me as a vital gesture. It … Continue reading
The Antisemitic Ayatollah Khamenei, in His Threat to Crackdown on Protesters, Can’t Resist a Bit of Jew-Baiting and Swipes at the West
It’s a reminder of how viscerally Antisemitic and anti-Western the Iranian regime is. The Ayatollah Khamenei at Friday prayers today in Tehran: “The competition for the election was very clear. Enemies and dirty Zionists tried to show the election as a … Continue reading
Iranian Police, in Full Riot Regalia, Rush on a Crowd of Protesters at Tehran University Earlier This Week
In solidarity with the brave and non-violent people, old and young, of Iran. And they want us to. Here’s a twitter comment from Iran yesterday: MOUSAVI APPEALS TO THE WORLD TO PARTICIPATE IN SEA OF GREEN IN ALL CAPITAL CITIES THIS … Continue reading
Snipers From Atop a Government Building Shoot into a Crowd of Protesters. One Young Man, in This YouTube Video, Appears to Be Bleeding to Death
This today on YouTube. Why aren’t the American cable networks airing these images and following what’s happening in Iran more thoroughly?:
Following the stolen election, here’s what the Iranian protesters are chanting: “Meejangam, Meemeeram, rayam-o-pass meegeeram” “I will fight, I will die, I will get my vote back.” Something’s happening. Is this 1989?:
Darius, an Iranian in Tehran, on the day after the Islamofascist Iranian regime stole the Friday election, wrote this to one of the threads at FiveThirtyEight.com: I’m sitting in my grandparents’ house in Tehran right now and I’m hearing mini-explosions, there’s … Continue reading