- 2,773,585 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- The Passion of the Christopher: Hitchens's Death Eerily Enacts That of Jesus's
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 3 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: You left something out @BillKristol- GOP's control (or partial control) of states like WI, PA, FL, OH, AZ, GA, MI) & a… 2 weeks ago
- RT @RVAT2020: Justin, a retired Army Ranger, explains why he left the GOP over Donald Trump: "I did five deployments in service of this na… 2 weeks ago
- #BlackLivesMatter. She's not backing down from "Master race dude." #SilenceIsDeath twitter.com/RachelBitecofe… 3 weeks ago
- RT @greg_doucette: Being armed with a water bottle gets you teargas and a bullet to the eye Being armed with an AR-15 gets you discreet pe… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: terrorism
It occurs to me this evening that Charlie Chaplin’s classic globe dance, as a means of trying to enter and represent visually the psyche of Hitler, is curiously apropos to the why question surrounding Paris tonight. The idea of violently … Continue reading
I don’t believe that dreams, in some psychic sense, have predictive powers. But I also don’t believe that dreams are wholly random “night-static.” Like Freud, I assume that dreams are at least sometimes routes to otherwise unconscious wishes and anxieties … Continue reading
You can’t say we weren’t warned. This was in the Jerusalem Post yesterday: Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s strategist provided the legal and religious justification for the annihilation of Israel and the Jewish people, in a document published on conservative Farsi website Alef. Reports … Continue reading
Short war scenarios tend to be delusional, but Benjamin Netanyahu appears to think that he can initiate one against Iran. Seriously. The following was reported in the Washington Post yesterday: A “short-war” scenario assumes five days or so of limited Israeli … Continue reading
Islam appears to be off the hook on this one. The guy who first set off a bomb in Oslo and then wrecked mayhem on a Norwegian island, killing over 90 people, is a Christian. The following was reported at AP this … Continue reading
What does it mean, exactly, for Osama bin Laden to have been discovered so close to Islamabad (just 80 miles away)? I have a conspiracy theory. I think it means that there were at least some elements within the Pakistani military … Continue reading
Salman Rushdie calls bullshit on Pakistan authorities’ feigning of surprise that Osama bin Laden was in their midst: Osama bin Laden, the world’s most wanted man, was found living at the end of a dirt road 800 yards from the Abbottabad military … Continue reading
Before President Obama had Osama bin Laden dispatched, Spiegel reports that Bin Laden was living large in a high-end neighborhood shared by Pakistani generals: It had long been assumed that he [Osama bin Laden] was hiding out in a cave … Continue reading
Over the past week, we’ve discovered where Barack Obama began (we have his long-form birth certificate) and Osama bin Laden ended (with Barack Obama). This is an irony that shouldn’t escape us, for it has long been a Republican … Continue reading
The Vancouver Sun claims that the WikiLeaks website has sent documents to the Daily Telegraph containing sobering news about nuclear, chemical, biological, and dirty bomb terrorism, including the following: A leading atomic regulator has privately warned that the world stands on the brink … Continue reading
Talk about a (real) war on Christmas! A Muslim 19-year-old, Mohamed Osman Mohamud—born in Somalia but raised in Oregon—tried to take out, with a truck bomb, a whole crowd of human beings—the majority of which were no doubt Christians—gathered for the public lighting … Continue reading
This is in the Los Angeles Times today: Two separate explosions killed a nuclear scientist and injured another in the Iranian capital Monday morning, official news outlets reported. Both scholars’ wives and a driver were also injured in the attacks, … Continue reading
I hope Barack Obama is thinking about terrorism in the way that Brody, in the movie Jaws, thought about sharks, for Osama bin Laden appears to be targeting at least one high visibility tourist area in Europe for a terrorist attack, … Continue reading
In response to the “Burn the Quran Day” Florida pastor, I’ve decided to promote a counter day: The First International Have a Meal with a Muslim Day Or coffee. Initiate dialogues, not bonfires. And so The First International Have a Meal with a Muslim … Continue reading
Madera is a relatively small town of 58,000 near Fresno, Ca., and, according to the Los Angeles Times this weekend, its lone mosque has been subject to repeated acts of vandalism: [I]t was here, in one of a series of … Continue reading
This at CBS News last night: Federal officials are investigating a fire that started overnight at the site of a new Islamic center in a Nashville suburb. Ben Goodwin of the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Department confirmed to CBS Affiliate WTVF … Continue reading
Countdown to Zero is supposed to be a documentary not to be missed, and its website says that the film starts in theatres today. Its subject: nuclear terrorism and the dangers associated with nuclear proliferation. Here’s what Salon says about Countdown to Zero: As [Valerie … Continue reading
Mohammad in a bear suit, Viacom offices, and the recent Times Square car bomb attempt: coincidental correlation or causation?
AP today suggests that one possibility the FBI is exploring is this: the Times Square car bomb may have been an attempt to terrorize workers at Viacom: The SUV was parked near offices of Viacom Inc., which owns Comedy Central. The network … Continue reading
In light of the summit on nuclear weapons and nuclear terrorism that President Barack Obama held last week, this interview with two nuclear terrorism experts offers an additional sober reminder of what humanity is up against: