- 2,825,063 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- End Times Hysteria Watch: Lyn Benedetto Allegedly Tried to Kill Her Daughters to Save Them from The Tribulation
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Two Roswell Witnesses: Major Jesse Marcel in a 1984 Interview and Lt. Jack Trowbridge in a More Recent Interview
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: the self
If you answer yes, watching the below video might give you second thoughts. Serious second thoughts. __________ What I take from this clip is that my intentions and actions are things for which the ground has already been prepared, unconscious … Continue reading
When reading something, guessing about an author’s exact state of mind is sometimes tricky, but it’s still fun to play. Take for instance William Butler Yeats’s poem, “Among School Children.” The Yale literary critic Paul de Man once noted that … Continue reading
Some questions: Is an extension of man, man? Where does the self end and our tools begin? And when we look-in on the “flights” of another person’s consciousness, extended and carried via a remote-controlled plane, does that become us as well? Or … Continue reading
Before watching the below video, allow me to set the scene a bit. It’s 2008 in a run-of-the-mill 1980s decor hotel conference room in Durham, North Carolina. Attached to the cream cloth wall is a light hovering like an angel … Continue reading
Consciousness Explained: Spatial Awareness, Time Awareness, Self Awareness, Death Awareness, and Free Will
Below is an excellent BBC documentary on the self and free will. I especially like what Gordon Gallup says at the 11:48 mark: Death awareness is the price we pay for self awareness. If you only have time for a … Continue reading
The Seven Atheist Denials: God, the Self, the Soul, Immortality, Free Will, the Good, and You’re Never Really Alone
It’s often said that atheism is no more than the rejection of belief in gods, and, on a strict definition, this is true. But there are six other things that also tend to go with this rejection, and they ought to … Continue reading
And These Two are One: Two Little Craniopagus Girls—or One? Will They Grow Up with Insights on the Nature of the Trinity?
Macleans/Ca. has a feature on conjoined twins who are craniopagus (joined at the head), and the twins appear to be sharing brain functions central to the self: There is evidence that they can see through each other’s eyes and perhaps share each other’s unspoken … Continue reading
Neil Young as a wise man: Neil Young as a young man: The second video doesn’t embed. See it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWovzUEe4l8
An 1843 sculpture, by Antoine-Louis Barye, of Theseus slaying the Minotaur: Theseus’s entering the center of the Labyrinth at Knossos and slaying the Minotaur has sometimes been associated with Apollonian order and culture overcoming the bestial elements of body and psyche. And in … Continue reading
Read each question slowly, and respond honestly. 1) If it is in fact the case that you are, right at this moment, occupying a very definite volume of space, then why is it that you do not know, without first taking a moment to … Continue reading