- 2,823,878 readers since June 2008
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- James Jeans and John Updike: A Scientist's Postulation and a Literary Figure's Reply
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Liberated Woman Come Home?: A Female Version of the Prodigal Son
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: Thomas Muthee
A fascinating article, from the London Telegraph, on “child witches” in Nigeria here. Money quote: The devil’s children are “identified” by powerful religious leaders at extremist churches where Christianity and traditional beliefs have combined to produce a deep-rooted belief in, … Continue reading
“A religious fanatic and a proud, boastful ignoramus”: Christopher Hitchens Slams John McCain for Foisting an Irrationalist (Sarah Palin) Into the National Spotlight
Christopher Hitchens today in Slate (on Sarah Palin): High points, also available on YouTube, show her being “anointed” by an African bishop who claims to cast out witches. The term used in the trade for this hysterical superstitious nonsense is “spiritual … Continue reading
Must Read: An Anthrolopogist Today in the “Anchorage Daily News” Provides Context for Sarah Palin’s Exorcist Thomas Muthee, and His Anti-Witchcraft Prayer Over Her
To read the article, see here.
Witchcraft Hysteria is Rampant In Africa: When Sarah Palin’s African Exorcist, Thomas Muthee, Prayed Over Her to Protect Her From Witchcraft, Here’s Some Context for Understanding His Prayer
In Africa, witchcraft functions the way that antisemitism did in medieval Europe—as an explanation for every community misfortune. This belief is both driven, and exploited, by fundamentalist charismatics like Thomas Muthee. Even children are treated as witches—and blamed for bad … Continue reading
Demons 90210?: In the NY Times Today is an Extensive Write-Up on Sarah Palin’s Connection to the “Spiritual Warfare/Spiritual Mapping” Fundamentalist Movement
Money quote from the NY Times article: Its adherents believe that demonic forces can colonize specific geographic areas and individuals, and that “spiritual warriors” must “battle” them to assert God’s control, using prayer and evangelism. The movement’s fixation on demons, … Continue reading
“Young Goodman Brown” at McCain-Palin Rallies: Nathaniel Hawthorn’s Famous 1835 Short Story and the “Obama is a Terrorist” Hysteria Today
If you haven’t noticed, a certain subsection of the McCain-Palin “base” is hysterically convinced that Barack Obama is not what he appears to be. He may come across in public as a calm, intelligent man with a nice and low-key patriotic demeanor, … Continue reading
“If You Look at the Israelites, That’s How They Work—And That’s How They Are Even Today”: Thomas Muthee, Sarah Palin’s Witch Hunting Pastor, May Be Hurting McCain with the Jewish Vote in Florida
In 2005, just before Thomas Muthee prayed over Sarah Palin to protect her from “witchcraft,” he talked to the Wasilla Assembly of God congregation about the need for Christians to take over, from unbelievers and “Israelites,” the running of the global … Continue reading
Tintoretto’s St. George and the Dragon: A Painting Dedicated to Thomas Muthee, Sarah Palin’s Exorcist and Vanquisher of Mama Jane, the “Witch” of Kiambu
Sarah Palin’s exorcist, Thomas Muthee, on Mama Jane: When we began to recognize who—or what—Mama Jane really was, Margaret and I set ourselves to prayer.
What Does Thomas Muthee Say Happened to Mama Jane? Sarah Palin’s Exorcist, Thomas Muthee, Tells What He Did to Mama Jane, the “Witch” of Kiambu
I recently located a book, written in 1997, that tells Thomas Muthee’s tale of Mama Jane, the “witch” of Kiambu. The book is by George Otis and titled, The Twilight Labyrinth: Why Does Spiritual Darkness Linger Where It Does? It’s published by … Continue reading
Still More Context on Sarah Palin’s Exorcist, Thomas Muthee: Witchcraft Fear is Widespread in Kenya and the Catholic Church Has Long Struggled Against It
In December of 2007, Digital Journal had a brief item about rampant witchcraft superstition in Kenya, and the Catholic Church’s struggle against it. Money quote: In Nairobi, Kenya one of the biggest challenges for the Roman Catholic Church according to the Catholic … Continue reading
More Context for Sarah Palin’s Exorcist, Thomas Muthee: In May of 2008, FOX News Reported on Witch Hunting in Kenya
I’m surprised that Fox News hasn’t taken this down from its website, but here is its report (posted in May of 2008) on a witch hunting incident in Kenya: A group of up to 300 young men have burned to death 11 … Continue reading
Scapegoating Mama Jane: An Evangelical Book on Missions Tells the Story of Sarah Palin’s Witch Hunting Supporter, Thomas Muthee, and the Woman He Accused of Witchcraft—Mama Jane
I’ve been able to locate yet another major Evangelical book, written in 2000, but reprinted in 2008, that tells the story of Thomas Muthee’s rise to power in Kenya, and makes mention of his driving off from Kiambu a woman named … Continue reading
Thomas Muthee, Sarah Palin, and WITCHCRAFT: Is 21st Century Belief in REAL WITCHES Not Just Intellectually Incoherent, But SEXIST?
Thomas Muthee, when he prays over Sarah Palin, doesn’t talk about a spirit of “warlock craft” being broken over the nation, does he? And when he infamously, and literally, drove-off a person from Kiambu, a city in Kenya, that person was … Continue reading
“Ridding the world of demons—and witches.” See Here Thomas Muthee Pray Over Sarah Palin Against the Spirit of “Witchcraft”—and a Monty Python Retort
Thomas Muthee prays over Sarah Palin, May 2005: Here’s an AP account of Sarah Palin describing her experience being prayed over by Thomas Muthee: On a visit to the church in June 2008, Palin spoke fondly of the Kenyan pastor … Continue reading
“We Have Found a Witch, May We Burn Her?”: A Monty Python Retort to Sarah Palin’s Witch Hunting Exorcist Supporter, Thomas Muthee
Given Sarah Palin’s link to Thomas Muthee (see here), a Kenyan witch hunter and exorcist, and all the irrationality that witch hunting and exorcism in the 21st century entails, this seemed like a fitting retort:
If You’re Wondering Why Sarah Palin’s Exorcist, Thomas Muthee, is so Obsessed with Witches, This BBC Report on Witch Hunting in Kenya is Helpful
Apparently, witch fear and hunting is widespread in Kenya. Money quote from a May 2008 BBC report on 11 elderly people who were literally burned as witches in eastern Kenya: The mob dragged them out of their houses and burned them individually and … Continue reading
Over Sarah Palin “Every Form of Witchcraft We Rebuke”: Watch Here the Video of Thomas Muthee, Sarah Palin’s Exorcist Witch Hunter, Lay Hands on Sarah Palin and Pray for Her Election Victory
Notice the Manichean mentality of Thomas Muthee, and his dominionist prayer over Sarah Palin when she was running for governor of Alaska, equating opposition to Palin with the forces of witchcraft (that is, the demonic): And here’s Sarah Palin, in June … Continue reading
Did the Actions of Sarah Palin’s Exorcist, Thomas Muthee, Lead to the Murder of Mama Jane, the “Witch” of Kiambu?
Former Fuller Seminary professor Peter Wagner, in his book, Praying with Power (published in June of 2008), provides a rather detailed—and frankly chilling—description of Sarah Palin’s exorcist and witch hunting political ally Thomas Muthee. Specifically, Wagner recounts the start of Muthee’s career and his encounter … Continue reading
Thomas Muthee, the Kenyan Witch Hunter and Exorcist Who Prayed Over Sarah Palin Before Her Run for Governor, Was Featured on Keith Olbermann’s Show Tonight
The Times of London’s disturbing article on Thomas Muthee prompted Keith Olbermann to do a segment on him. Here’s a quote from Muthee that the segment displayed for viewers to absorb: If you’re not up to speed on Muthee, here’s the … Continue reading
If the Times of London article today on Sarah Palin’s witch hunting Kenyan exorcist Thomas Muthee—and his demonizing and driving off of a “witch” named Mama Jane from her community in Kenya—is anywhere near accurate—then maybe we SHOULD expect something like the … Continue reading