- 2,586,232 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Experimented upon at Auschwitz
- busty on Christopher Hitchens, Henry David Thoreau, and Peitho
- Maria C. on How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- J on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Daniel on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Daniel on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- iranblogknew.ir on Trump’s VP Pick Mike Pence a Homophobe
- irancorporate.ir/ on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- edwardpalamar on Was Jesus the Only One to Rise from the Dead on Easter Weekend?
- collin237 on Thinking Critically about Critical Theory
- BestAurelio on Christopher Hitchens, Henry David Thoreau, and Peitho
- Rachel Jennings-Tafarella on A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.2: Notice Where Arguments Start And Stop
- A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.6: Distinguishing The Logically Possible From The Actual | Prometheus Unbound on A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.3: Worldview
- A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.6: Distinguishing The Logically Possible From The Actual | Prometheus Unbound on A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.4: Spanning The Bridge From Logical Possibility To Truth
- A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.8: Scientific Method — Prometheus Unbound – „Ingerii sunt spirite inaripate, prietene cu spiritul tau inaripat.“ on A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.8: Scientific Method
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Experimented upon at Auschwitz
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.9: Imitation And Emulation With An Eye On Competition
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.8: Selection And Editing
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.7: Audience And Rhetorical Strategy
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.6: Moving From First Sentence To Thesis
- A Mini-Course in Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.16: Thinking Critically About Beauty, Art, And Literature
- nytimes.com/interactive/20… 3 months ago
- RT @mrchan: So much has changed in America, and yet so much hasn't https://t.co/x2mthUr4Kc 6 months ago
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 1 year ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 1 year ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 2 years ago
Tag Archives: UFO sightings
This in the New York Times about a half-hour ago: The 6-year boy, Falcon Heene, was just found alive, according to reporter Dan Frosch, who is at the boy’s house in Fort Collins, Colo. The Larimer County Sheriff, Jim Alderden, … Continue reading
When looking at the above video today, I thought of Allen Ginsberg’s “Sunflower Sutra” (in which Ginsberg eulogizes a soot covered dead sunflower). And it made me think: what makes this UFO-like cloud (seen last Wednesday over Moscow) beguiling? And … Continue reading
Moscow’s recent eerie UFO “cloud and sun mothership” phenomenon (see here) reminded Jared Burton of the hexagon on Saturn—which I knew zip about. But Jared linked to this interesting article, and I found this on YouTube: And here’s the Moscow UFO … Continue reading
Last Wednesday there was a large UFO disk-like shape, apparently backlighted by the sun, that hung over Moscow, and the video of it has gotten a lot of YouTube attention: The Sun says this about the phenomenon: The video has appeared … Continue reading
Something creepy in the sky akin to what people saw in the 1997 Phoenix Lights incident: The UFOs did not appear on local radar and a pilot who witnessed them insisted that they were not aircraft: But, alas, it was … Continue reading
This segment of the UFO documentary, Out of the Blue , features in its first half the UFO testimony of Professor Robert Jacobs. Jacobs, in the 1960s, was in the military and he recounts an amazing UFO event that changed his … Continue reading
Well, no. But probably not alien spacecraft caught in passing either. What’s likely being imaged in these NASA photos are probably human-generated debris orbiting from previous space missions, but they certainly look otherworldly, don’t they? NASA has removed these pictures from its site. How … Continue reading
This is a segment from a documentary on Harvard pychologist John Mack and some of the UFO abductees that he has interviewed and worked with. I thought that this segment was especially interesting and informative: Hat tip: Atrueoriginall
In recent posts I know I’ve been raining on the UFO believers’ parade, and I’m trying to keep an open mind about what I’ve discovered after a few weeks of looking into the UFO phenomenon, but the fact that eyewitness testimony … Continue reading
In Case You Missed It: The Washington Post on France’s Opening Up of Its Previously Classified UFO Files
The Washington Post, in 2007, reported on the opening of France’s previously classified UFO files. Here’s the link to the article. The article focused on two key incidents revealed in the documents—one of children witnessing a UFO and one of an Air France encounter. … Continue reading
Here’s how CBS News reported some UFO sightings 36 years ago, on Oct. 17, 1973. One of those who claimed at the time to witness a UFO was the governor of Ohio, and he described the UFO that he saw as amber in color. The … Continue reading
He told his story at a National Press Club Conference in November of 2007:
The segment below comes from a History Channel documentary titled Where are All the UFOs? (2005). The documentary itself is excellent—really a “must see” for anyone interested in critically examining UFOs as a phenomenon. The thesis of the documentary is that UFOs are … Continue reading
What I find interesting in the above clip is the fact that President Clinton says he tried to find out about what the U.S. government bureaucracy knows, in detail, about UFOs, and he wasn’t able to. Isn’t that a weird … Continue reading
Tejon Ranch (in Southern California) is in the Tehachipi Mountain area about an hour from where I live. Late last year, it was designated a 600 square mile conservation area. Oh, and UFOlogists claim that a secret government UFO facility (akin to Area … Continue reading