- 2,147,000 readers since June 2008
- More Ted Kennedy / Shakespeare – Shakespeare Geek on Edward Kennedy: They Say He Made a Good End
- Andreas on Does Emily Dickinson Call Herself “the only kangaroo among the beauty” in One of Her Poems?
- Anonymous on “And if I claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that I don’t know”: Socratic Skepticism in a Kansas Song (1976)
- Anonymous on What does it mean to live in a contingent universe?
- Vivek narain on What does it mean to live in a contingent universe?
- Angiportus on Donald Trump’s Loaded Gun–and Emily Dickinson’s
- waaltje on Daniel Dennett: the Vanquisher of “Deepity” Religion—and Poetry?
- lala on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Quatermain on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Jon barnes on LHC Watch: Physicist Otto Rossler Thinks the Large Hadron Collider Could Destroy the Earth
- Santi Tafarella on A Get Rich Quick Scheme Using Religion That Actually Works
- krishna on A Get Rich Quick Scheme Using Religion That Actually Works
- Marcus on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Jim Taylor on Dance With Me (In The Interpretation Of Lines From Yeats)
- Hatshof on Evolution v. Creation Metaphor Watch: The First Big Salvo in the Metaphor War Comes From Darwin’s “Origin of Species” (1859)
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Was Michael Jackson a Paedophile? British Millionaire Terry George, Now 42, Says the 21 Year Old Michael Jackson Regularly Used to Call His Home, When He was 13, and on at Least One Occasion Masturbated while George was on the Phone Line
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- Life perspective. Sunset on Mars, taken by Curiosity. Monday is NASA's big press conference. wp.me/pgUXj-8tI via @wordpressdotcom 8 months ago
- RT @NewHorizons2015: http://t.co/uzrQF2kuh5 10 months ago
- From A Lion Behind A Bush To God Behind The Oz Curtain: The Evolution Of God Belief wp.me/pgUXj-8qV via @wordpressdotcom 11 months ago
- Deee-Lite - "Groove Is In The Heart" (Official Music Video): youtu.be/gzoEK545j64 via @YouTube 1 year ago
- CNN Distraction: Family of ducks tries to cross highway: youtu.be/mGMzGxeO1wQ via @YouTube 1 year ago
Tag Archives: UFOs
Remember how, during the 2008 presidential election, Barack Obama said that we are the change we have been waiting for? Well, I was thinking about this in terms of paranormal phenomenon. So many people are looking beyond themselves, out into the world, for evidence … Continue reading
Stephen Hawking thinks that the universe made itself from nothing and that there are no intelligent civilizations within several hundred light years of our own. In short, Hawking basically shoots down, in ten minutes, two recent speculative obsessions of this … Continue reading
Something creepy in the sky akin to what people saw in the 1997 Phoenix Lights incident: The UFOs did not appear on local radar and a pilot who witnessed them insisted that they were not aircraft: But, alas, it was … Continue reading
I didn’t know about this place. Interesting.
Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
And June Crane says she had a high level clearance for her job. At the age of 72, she decided to break her silence. Her testimony, from a History Channel UFO Files segment, starts at 2:20 in this clip: . What are … Continue reading
A researcher into UFOs that I respect (Richard Dolan) thinks that there might be something to this curious 1991 UFO incident video recorded by Space Shuttle Mission STS-48: I suspect the two flashes that initiate the video sequence are the shuttle … Continue reading
In my ongoing quest, the past few weeks, to discover what I think of UFOs and the UFO-believing community, I purchased a copy of UFO Magazine (Issue #150) at my local Barnes & Noble and found something that surprised me. There … Continue reading
This segment of the UFO documentary, Out of the Blue , features in its first half the UFO testimony of Professor Robert Jacobs. Jacobs, in the 1960s, was in the military and he recounts an amazing UFO event that changed his … Continue reading
Well, no. But probably not alien spacecraft caught in passing either. What’s likely being imaged in these NASA photos are probably human-generated debris orbiting from previous space missions, but they certainly look otherworldly, don’t they? NASA has removed these pictures from its site. How … Continue reading
This is a segment from a documentary on Harvard pychologist John Mack and some of the UFO abductees that he has interviewed and worked with. I thought that this segment was especially interesting and informative: Hat tip: Atrueoriginall
If UFOs with aliens in them are really starting to visit our planet in greater earnest (as UFO believers claim, most notably Temple University professor, David Jacobs), and if those aliens do not, in fact, have warm and cuddly intentions toward us (as … Continue reading
In recent posts I know I’ve been raining on the UFO believers’ parade, and I’m trying to keep an open mind about what I’ve discovered after a few weeks of looking into the UFO phenomenon, but the fact that eyewitness testimony … Continue reading
What happens when UFO eyewitness testimony contradicts expert scientific testimony? What do you do? Well, if you’re a reasonable person, it would seem that wherever eyewitness testimony and expert scientific testimony are at odds, you’ve got to considerably lower your … Continue reading
In the early 1990s, an Evangelical filmmaker produced a pretty good documentary on UFOs. Below is part 1 of 8 from YouTube. As a teenager, I actually saw the first person interviewed (Dave Hunt) at my church a couple of times. Hunt was … Continue reading