- 2,882,404 readers since June 2008
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ray Léonard on In praise of Chateauneuf (Voltaire’s godfather and tutor)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- "Male and Female Created He Them!": Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam's Body?
- Climate Scientists Contemplate Moves To Canada and Greenland
- "The Poet's Eye in Fine Frenzy Rolling": Shakespeare and the Origin of Religion
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: west virginia
Perhaps it’s corny to vote for somebody because they give you hope. Maybe it’s utopian—and not hard-nosed enough. But I admit that I find Barack Obama to be a calm and steady man of peace and intelligence. I see him … Continue reading
John McCain as Prince Hamlet: To Insinuate that Obama is a Terrorist, or to Not Insinuate that Obama is a Terrorist, That is the Question?
John McCain is getting LOTS of contradictory advice these days. Here’s what the NY Times (today) says is dividing Republicans in Colorado: [N]o subject has more divided Republicans than the one that has been a matter of disagreement in the … Continue reading
“He is a decent person, and a person that you do not have to be scared as President of the United States”: John McCain on Barack Obama, Refusing to Demonize His Opponent
I am super proud of John McCain tamping down the more hysterical statements of those at his rallies. It reminds me of the McCain that I have sometimes admired—such as the one who, during the primaries, said (against Mitt Romney) … Continue reading
Countdown to Obamageddon!: 25 Days Left, and Obama Has His BEST Polling Day Yet. At This Rate, Obama May Even Win Georgia
Source: FiveThirtyEight.com November 4, 2008 may prove to be “Obamageddon” for the Fox News right. Sean Hannity must be squirming. Know hope. Go Obama!
Politico.com explores the possibility that Obama is heading for a landslide. Money quote: Three weeks of historic economic upheaval have done more than just tilt a handful of once reliably Republican states in Barack Obama’s direction. Democratic strategists are now optimistic … Continue reading
Obama Zings McCain: In Erratic and Uncertain Times We Don’t Need “Erratic and Uncertain Leadership.” The Housing Crisis is Obama’s Example of McCain Offering Confused Leadership
I agree with Obama that McCain frequently flops around like a fish out of water trying to figure out what his positions are on issues, but I think that Obama needs to be careful here. He’s likely to be the … Continue reading