- 2,903,446 readers since June 2008
- Christian on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- nothingbutthepub on Evolution v. Creation Metaphor Watch: Is Nature “Red in Tooth and Claw”?
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Carol Dickinson on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Bradley on Bonobo Liberals? Chimp Conservatives?
- Bill on Shakespeare, James Joyce, and the Dirty Encoding in Britney Spears’s “If U Seek Amy”
- Anonymous on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- twilighto on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Lord Byron's pro-war poem?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Survivors of Mauthausen Concentration Camp, Austria 1945
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Michael Jackson. The Emperor Has No Clothes?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 2 years ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 2 years ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 2 years ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 2 years ago
Tag Archives: wrestling
Poised to wrestle the desolate white angel alone. My mother’s winged pelvic bone.
Who Says Gay Marriage Isn’t Part of Western Civilization?: Gay Marriage Between Gilgamesh and Enkidu in Mesopotamia Circa 2500 BCE
The wrestling scene between Enkidu and Gilgamesh, at the end of Part One of the Gilgamesh Epic, raises some interesting issues about the role of sexuality, and even homosexuality, in the Epic: In Uruk the bridal bed was made, fit … Continue reading
In Part 1 of the Epic of Gilgamesh we discover these basic plot elements: The city of Uruk is established and ruled by an Apollonian and imperialist young man named Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh is perceived, by at least some of his subjects, … Continue reading
In the Mesopotamian Epic of Gilgamesh there are two chief characters: Gilgamesh and Enkidu. Both are male, and it is striking that ancient Mesopotamian culture hit upon the same overriding tensions between these two characters as those that Friedrich Nietzsche, in his … Continue reading