- 2,886,609 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "There Was an Awful Rainbow Once in Heaven": A Double Rainbow Triggers a Man's Confrontation with the Ontological Mystery, and Recalls for Me Some Lines from John Keats
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- James Baldwin on Death
- A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- The Bhagavad Gita and Socrates vs. Homer and The Iliad
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: wrestling
Poised to wrestle the desolate white angel alone. My mother’s winged pelvic bone.
Who Says Gay Marriage Isn’t Part of Western Civilization?: Gay Marriage Between Gilgamesh and Enkidu in Mesopotamia Circa 2500 BCE
The wrestling scene between Enkidu and Gilgamesh, at the end of Part One of the Gilgamesh Epic, raises some interesting issues about the role of sexuality, and even homosexuality, in the Epic: In Uruk the bridal bed was made, fit … Continue reading
In Part 1 of the Epic of Gilgamesh we discover these basic plot elements: The city of Uruk is established and ruled by an Apollonian and imperialist young man named Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh is perceived, by at least some of his subjects, … Continue reading
In the Mesopotamian Epic of Gilgamesh there are two chief characters: Gilgamesh and Enkidu. Both are male, and it is striking that ancient Mesopotamian culture hit upon the same overriding tensions between these two characters as those that Friedrich Nietzsche, in his … Continue reading