- 2,358,648 readers since June 2008
- Delphinium Flower on Four Hundred Fifty Antisemitic Verses In The Gospels And Book of Acts
- Nick Reid on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- newscluesandafewblues on American Nazis at Jefferson’s Statue: That Image from Charlottesville I Can’t Get Out of My Mind
- Anonymous on American Nazis at Jefferson’s Statue: That Image from Charlottesville I Can’t Get Out of My Mind
- Vincent on American Nazis at Jefferson’s Statue: That Image from Charlottesville I Can’t Get Out of My Mind
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Jacob Wrestling the Irrational Animal: George Orwell on Critical Thinking
- Partially Excited States: An Interview With Charles Hood
- American Nazis at Jefferson’s Statue: That Image from Charlottesville I Can’t Get Out of My Mind
- Distract, Maul, And Dominate: Donald Trump’s CNN Wrestling Video GIF And Hitler’s Reichstag Fire
- What Does It Mean For God To Exist, Think, And Act?
- Trump and Authoritarianism
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 7 months ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 7 months ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 9 months ago
- #DonaldPGroper Donald P. Groper. Donald Trump is done, right? 10 months ago
- #DonaldPGrabber Donald P. Grabber. Donald Trump is done. 10 months ago
Tag Archives: Yosemite
What makes the United States the greatest country in the world? I dunno. Yosemite? ___________ I like the above video’s puncturing of American exceptionalism. I especially like the Yosemite line, but when the piano starts to play, and the patriotic … Continue reading
Francis Bacon (from his 1625 essay “Of Nature in Men”): Nature is often hidden, sometimes overcome, seldom extinguished. Force maketh nature more violent in the return. And this from Emerson’s “Self Reliance” (1841): Power is in nature the … Continue reading
Be just arrived. Be Midwestern dirt under Midwestern fingernails puncturing the skin of a juice-heavy orange. Be flesh of orange mist of orange before orange in sunshine of orange. Be the light softening the clay-lipped … Continue reading
New Oil Dericks off the Coasts of Florida and California?: A Hint at the Kind of Answer John Muir Might Have Offered to John McCain
A posthumous quote of the American naturalist writer, John Muir, from the Sierra Club Bulletin, January, 1920: No doubt [the Redwoods] would make good lumber after passing through a sawmill, as George Washington after passing through the hands of a French … Continue reading