- 2,468,259 readers since June 2008
- Christopher Giustolisi on The Line Between Blasphemy and Iconoclasm: Why PZ Myers Crossed It, and Why Atheists Should Take Him to Task for Doing So
- Angela Monique Sylvester on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Vincent on If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- zachrous on Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Neutrino Speed-of-Light Watch: Stephen Hawking Refuses to Comment Yet
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- What Did Friedrich Nietzsche Take from Charles Darwin?
- With Stormy Daniels, The Power of Sex–Not the Russians, Not the Majority of Voters–May Finally Achieve Trump’s Unraveling
- Tariffs Are for Friends of Trump–But Not the Rest of Us
- If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- Trump Slurs His Speech–Again
- Does Trump Have Dementia–And If So, Should It Be Made Public?
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 1 year ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 1 year ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGroper Donald P. Groper. Donald Trump is done, right? 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGrabber Donald P. Grabber. Donald Trump is done. 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Yosemite
What makes the United States the greatest country in the world? I dunno. Yosemite? ___________ I like the above video’s puncturing of American exceptionalism. I especially like the Yosemite line, but when the piano starts to play, and the patriotic … Continue reading
Francis Bacon (from his 1625 essay “Of Nature in Men”): Nature is often hidden, sometimes overcome, seldom extinguished. Force maketh nature more violent in the return. And this from Emerson’s “Self Reliance” (1841): Power is in nature the … Continue reading
Be just arrived. Be Midwestern dirt under Midwestern fingernails puncturing the skin of a juice-heavy orange. Be flesh of orange mist of orange before orange in sunshine of orange. Be the light softening the clay-lipped … Continue reading
New Oil Dericks off the Coasts of Florida and California?: A Hint at the Kind of Answer John Muir Might Have Offered to John McCain
A posthumous quote of the American naturalist writer, John Muir, from the Sierra Club Bulletin, January, 1920: No doubt [the Redwoods] would make good lumber after passing through a sawmill, as George Washington after passing through the hands of a French … Continue reading