- 2,776,931 readers since June 2008
- barneybettyhill on Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
- Glenn Hall on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- The Journey Starts Now: How To Discover What Motivates Us - Yellow Parachute Learning Partners on Human Beings are “Purpose Maximizers, Not Profit Maximizers”
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- John Wayne Cast as Hamlet: A Great Joke About the Plays and Language of Shakespeare
- James Wood: Literature Complexifies the Atheist-Theist Debate
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 4 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Trump cares more about dead traitors than live patriots. RT this @votevets ad & tell your followers https://t.co/OD5Z… 1 week ago
- RT @ltgrusselhonore: Make a note, We need to forbid police and federal agents from using military uniforms . The camo uniforms are meant to… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MittRomney: Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying t… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 1 month ago
Daily Archives: February 13, 2009
Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Walled Entrance to an Area Used as a Gas Chamber, and Later in the War as a Bomb Shelter, Auschwitz Main Camp (Auschwitz 1). The Building in the Background was a Regional Headquarters for the Gestapo
Source: US Holocaust Museum archives
The Auschwitz storehouses where German soldiers collected clothes and other items confiscated from prisoners were nicknamed by them “Canada” (perhaps because they associated Canada with material abundance).
Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Image of a Column of Auschwitz Prisoners Walking to (or from) a Work Assignment (1942-1944)
Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Carpatho-Ukrainian Jews at the “Judenramp” (Receiving Area) Await Selection for Labor or Immediate Extermination, Auschwitz-Birkenau, May, 1944
Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Image of Three Carpatho-Ukrainian Jews Awaiting Selection, Auschwitz-Birkenau, May 1944
In one segment of the PBS DVD, Auschwitz, is the story of Albert Battel, a German senior officer who took great risks to protect Jews (in the Polish city of Przemysl) from deportation and the death camps: At the German … Continue reading
The above photograph, according to the U.S. Holocaust Museum website, was taken at Ohrdruf on April 6, 1945. More “Bearing Witness to the Holocaust” photos here and here and here.
Howard Nemerov served in both the Canadian and American armed forces during World War II, and as a pilot flew combat missions over the North Sea against the Germans. His poem, “Ultima Ratio Reagan,” is a warning against historical ignorance … Continue reading
According to Der Spiegel, Egypt is making a renewed attempt to get Germany to give the ancient bust of Nefertiti back: The Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation has possession of the bust and rejects any charge of cheating. The idea that … Continue reading
Conservative David Frum thinks the Republican party needs to start working and compromising with the Democrats, and not spend the next several years in a Rush Limbaugh-style war against all things Obama. He thinks that if the Republican party doesn’t … Continue reading