- 2,776,931 readers since June 2008
- barneybettyhill on Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
- Glenn Hall on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- The Journey Starts Now: How To Discover What Motivates Us - Yellow Parachute Learning Partners on Human Beings are “Purpose Maximizers, Not Profit Maximizers”
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- John Wayne Cast as Hamlet: A Great Joke About the Plays and Language of Shakespeare
- James Wood: Literature Complexifies the Atheist-Theist Debate
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 4 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Trump cares more about dead traitors than live patriots. RT this @votevets ad & tell your followers https://t.co/OD5Z… 1 week ago
- RT @ltgrusselhonore: Make a note, We need to forbid police and federal agents from using military uniforms . The camo uniforms are meant to… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MittRomney: Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying t… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 1 month ago
Monthly Archives: October 2008
It’s the last weekend of the campaign, and Sarah Palin’s STILL snug behind her campaign curtain, having avoided giving a single press conference or appearing on any of the Sunday morning press shows. Is the McCain campaign shielding a humbug?
A Humbug?: Sarah Palin Still Hasn’t Given a Press Conference—or Done the Sunday Press Shows—and We Vote Tuesday!
We are now in the LAST weekend of the presidential campaign season and something extraordinarily corrosive to our democracy has occurred: Sarah Palin, despite the gravity of the office that she is running for, has managed to avoid giving a press … Continue reading
ON Tuesday We’ll “Break on Through to the Other Side” of the Bush Era—and STOP a Potential Palin Era—IF We Work and VOTE
The Scientific Journal, NATURE, Endorses Barack Obama, Appealing to the ENLIGHTENMENT Tradition of Reason and the Importance of Taking Expert Scientific Opinion Seriously
Money quote: The election of a US president almost always seems like a crossroads, but the choice to be made on 4 November feels unusual, and daunting, in its national and global significance. . . . [T]he core values of … Continue reading
Conservative Peggy Noonan Uses Her Considerable Skills as a Writer to Make an Eloquent and Moving Case for Barack Obama
Peggy Noonan in the Wall Street Journal yesterday: The case for Barack Obama, in broad strokes: He has within him the possibility to change the direction and tone of American foreign policy, which need changing; his rise will serve as … Continue reading
McCain’s Big Gamble of Time and Resources Not Paying Off?: Pennsylvania Polls Seem to Show Obama’s Numbers Holding Steady
Despite John McCain and Sarah Palin’s extensive time in Pennsylvania this week, they do not appear to be pulling Obama’s numbers down. In other words, McCain’s gamble to devote a lot of time and money to the state is not … Continue reading
SwingStateProject has compiled the closing times of the polls on election night. First done will be Indiana: Time State Republican-Held Democratic-Held 6:00 PM 7:00 PM Indiana (E.) Indiana (W.) IN-03, IN-04, IN-Gov IN-09, IN-House 6:00 PM 7:00 PM Kentucky (E.) Kentucky … Continue reading
With Only About 72 Hours to Election Day, All Three Gallup Polling Methods Show Obama with a SOLID 8-11 Point Lead!
No matter how Gallup slices it (by traditional estimates, by expanded estimates, and by registered voter estimates) Obama holds at least an 8 point lead with just a couple of days to go. See Gallup’s polls here.
“Political fire, far from rattling Mr Obama, seems to bring out the best in him”: The Economist Magazine Endorses Obama, Goofing Up McCain’s Closing “Argument” (That Barack’s a Commie Threat to Capitalism)
That famous capitalist tool, The Economist magazine, endorses Obama this week. Money quote from the endorsement: Political fire, far from rattling Mr Obama, seems to bring out the best in him: the furore about his (admittedly ghastly) preacher prompted one of … Continue reading
“He cannot distance himself from his own pick”: Keith Olbermann’s Segment on How Sarah Palin is Dragging Down McCain’s Presidential Bid
“Even at McDonald’s you’re interviewed three times before given a job”: Reagan’s Former Chief of Staff Endorses Obama and Slams McCain for Picking Palin
Today, Reagan’s former chief of staff endorsed Obama and told CNN that John McCain’s single interview with Sarah Palin (before picking her as VP) struck him as less thorough than the hiring process at McDonald’s!:
Gabriel Winant at Salon.com thinks it’s possible: Despite recent developments, and a thriving local Democratic Party, McCain still has to be considered the favorite. But when George W. Bush moved to steal Tennessee out from under Al Gore, it drew … Continue reading
“Attacks by the mainstream media” interfere with Sarah Palin’s “First Amendment rights”?: In an Interview TODAY, Sarah Palin Shows Weird Confusion Over the First Amendment—and Who It’s Designed to Protect
Alex Koppelmann today (at Salon.com) details Sarah Palin’s stange First Amendment confusion: In a radio interview that aired Friday morning, Sarah Palin said Americans’ First Amendment rights are in danger. Ironically, it’s apparently the press who’s threatening those rights. “If [the … Continue reading