- 2,881,448 readers since June 2008
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ray Léonard on In praise of Chateauneuf (Voltaire’s godfather and tutor)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Love is Worth Fighting For: A Little Life Lesson from Perseus and the Medusa
- Who Says Gay Marriage Isn't Part of Western Civilization?: Gay Marriage Between Gilgamesh and Enkidu in Mesopotamia Circa 2500 BCE
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Donna Haraway's Question: Would I Rather Be A Goddess Or A Cyborg?
- Was Alfred Lord Tennyson's Canto 56, in Which He Calls Nature "red in tooth and claw", the Product of His Reading Charles Darwin's The Origin of Species?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Monthly Archives: October 2008
It’s the last weekend of the campaign, and Sarah Palin’s STILL snug behind her campaign curtain, having avoided giving a single press conference or appearing on any of the Sunday morning press shows. Is the McCain campaign shielding a humbug?
A Humbug?: Sarah Palin Still Hasn’t Given a Press Conference—or Done the Sunday Press Shows—and We Vote Tuesday!
We are now in the LAST weekend of the presidential campaign season and something extraordinarily corrosive to our democracy has occurred: Sarah Palin, despite the gravity of the office that she is running for, has managed to avoid giving a press … Continue reading
ON Tuesday We’ll “Break on Through to the Other Side” of the Bush Era—and STOP a Potential Palin Era—IF We Work and VOTE
The Scientific Journal, NATURE, Endorses Barack Obama, Appealing to the ENLIGHTENMENT Tradition of Reason and the Importance of Taking Expert Scientific Opinion Seriously
Money quote: The election of a US president almost always seems like a crossroads, but the choice to be made on 4 November feels unusual, and daunting, in its national and global significance. . . . [T]he core values of … Continue reading
Conservative Peggy Noonan Uses Her Considerable Skills as a Writer to Make an Eloquent and Moving Case for Barack Obama
Peggy Noonan in the Wall Street Journal yesterday: The case for Barack Obama, in broad strokes: He has within him the possibility to change the direction and tone of American foreign policy, which need changing; his rise will serve as … Continue reading
McCain’s Big Gamble of Time and Resources Not Paying Off?: Pennsylvania Polls Seem to Show Obama’s Numbers Holding Steady
Despite John McCain and Sarah Palin’s extensive time in Pennsylvania this week, they do not appear to be pulling Obama’s numbers down. In other words, McCain’s gamble to devote a lot of time and money to the state is not … Continue reading
SwingStateProject has compiled the closing times of the polls on election night. First done will be Indiana: Time State Republican-Held Democratic-Held 6:00 PM 7:00 PM Indiana (E.) Indiana (W.) IN-03, IN-04, IN-Gov IN-09, IN-House 6:00 PM 7:00 PM Kentucky (E.) Kentucky … Continue reading
With Only About 72 Hours to Election Day, All Three Gallup Polling Methods Show Obama with a SOLID 8-11 Point Lead!
No matter how Gallup slices it (by traditional estimates, by expanded estimates, and by registered voter estimates) Obama holds at least an 8 point lead with just a couple of days to go. See Gallup’s polls here.
“Political fire, far from rattling Mr Obama, seems to bring out the best in him”: The Economist Magazine Endorses Obama, Goofing Up McCain’s Closing “Argument” (That Barack’s a Commie Threat to Capitalism)
That famous capitalist tool, The Economist magazine, endorses Obama this week. Money quote from the endorsement: Political fire, far from rattling Mr Obama, seems to bring out the best in him: the furore about his (admittedly ghastly) preacher prompted one of … Continue reading
“He cannot distance himself from his own pick”: Keith Olbermann’s Segment on How Sarah Palin is Dragging Down McCain’s Presidential Bid
“Even at McDonald’s you’re interviewed three times before given a job”: Reagan’s Former Chief of Staff Endorses Obama and Slams McCain for Picking Palin
Today, Reagan’s former chief of staff endorsed Obama and told CNN that John McCain’s single interview with Sarah Palin (before picking her as VP) struck him as less thorough than the hiring process at McDonald’s!:
Gabriel Winant at Salon.com thinks it’s possible: Despite recent developments, and a thriving local Democratic Party, McCain still has to be considered the favorite. But when George W. Bush moved to steal Tennessee out from under Al Gore, it drew … Continue reading
“Attacks by the mainstream media” interfere with Sarah Palin’s “First Amendment rights”?: In an Interview TODAY, Sarah Palin Shows Weird Confusion Over the First Amendment—and Who It’s Designed to Protect
Alex Koppelmann today (at Salon.com) details Sarah Palin’s stange First Amendment confusion: In a radio interview that aired Friday morning, Sarah Palin said Americans’ First Amendment rights are in danger. Ironically, it’s apparently the press who’s threatening those rights. “If [the … Continue reading