- 2,773,580 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- The Passion of the Christopher: Hitchens's Death Eerily Enacts That of Jesus's
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 3 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: You left something out @BillKristol- GOP's control (or partial control) of states like WI, PA, FL, OH, AZ, GA, MI) & a… 2 weeks ago
- RT @RVAT2020: Justin, a retired Army Ranger, explains why he left the GOP over Donald Trump: "I did five deployments in service of this na… 2 weeks ago
- #BlackLivesMatter. She's not backing down from "Master race dude." #SilenceIsDeath twitter.com/RachelBitecofe… 3 weeks ago
- RT @greg_doucette: Being armed with a water bottle gets you teargas and a bullet to the eye Being armed with an AR-15 gets you discreet pe… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Martin Luther King
Notice the religious dimension that was present in 1960s protests, but absent in the Occupy movement. Martin Luther King had Jesus to appeal to, a readily recognizable symbol in our culture of two key things: the receiving of suffering; and … Continue reading
I don’t like the look or feel of the new Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial in Washington D.C. For one, he looks fat, and he wasn’t particularly fat. And there’s something weirdly Maoist about it—a throwback to 20th century communist … Continue reading
The intellectual and cultural rot of religious fundamentalism continues its 21st century spread. This is in Haaretz today: Secular and religious cabinet members engaged in a heated discussion over the issue of women’s rights in Israel on Sunday, forcing Prime … Continue reading
Dearborn Free Speech Watch: ACLU Supports Pastor Terry Jones’s Right to Free Speech Outside of an Islamic Center
Great news! The ACLU filed a friend of the court brief in favor of Pastor Terry Jones’s right to speak outside of an Islamic Center in Dearborn, Michigan. The following was in the Detroit News on Friday: The ACLU’s brief … Continue reading
When it comes right down to it, what are atheists confident about and what are theists confident about? It occurs to me that, to be an atheist, your life ultimately rests on just two rather naked confidences: God does not … Continue reading
My guess is that the universe may be the mind of God calculating—then presenting the sums, before the witness of consciousness, in four dimensions (height, width, depth, and time). The universe, as it were, is the ones and zeroes made flesh; God’s search … Continue reading
At TruthDig, Amy Goodman bemoans those who have fallen silent over the mosque near ground zero and asks a good question: [There is an] absence of people in the U.S. in leadership positions in every walk of life, of every political stripe, … Continue reading
I’m so proud to have supported and worked for this man’s election to the presidency. Barack Obama is proving to be an even better president than I had dared hope for when I voted for him in November of 2008. And on Sunday … Continue reading
No. No more than Republicans own the American flag. And this is something that annoys me about the post-9-11 New Atheists: they are happy to cede biblical interpretation to fundamentalists. It is as if, in Japan and China, there was … Continue reading
“Any law that uplifts human personality is just. Any law that degrades human personality is unjust. All segregation statutes are unjust because segregation distorts the soul and damages the personality …” – Martin Luther King
How about WTF instead? The far right’s murderous id impulses toward President Barack Obama keep drifting to the surface, don’t they? This today at Alternet: On Saturday, a user on Facebook posted a poll asking, “Should Obama be killed?” The … Continue reading
Glenn Beck Racist Watch: Glenn Beck Declines an Opportunity to Explain What He Means by “White Culture”
Hilarious. Glenn Beck is asked to explain what he means when he talks about “white culture”, and words completely fail him. He is so full of shit. Watch him squirm at the question here. Oh, and it’s here at YouTube, … Continue reading
President Barack Obama is a lover, not a fighter. His remarks about Officer James Crowley’s actions at Henry Louis Gates’s house were ill-considered, and in advance of the facts, and he apologized. Good for Obama. I don’t want a president … Continue reading
State of New Mexico Tells a Religious Photographer: You Have to Take Pictures at a Gay Commitment Ceremony!
I am a strong supporter of gay marriage, but I think that the below story is an outrageous violation, by authorities in New Mexico, of conscientious religious objection. According to the Associated Press this weekend: A professional photographer who refused … Continue reading
It was on April 4, 1968 that Martin Luther King was shot and killed. Below is his famous last speech. King’s bravery is at once inspiring and something very hard to live up to. We didn’t deserve such a figure in our history, but we … Continue reading
In one segment of the PBS DVD, Auschwitz, is the story of Albert Battel, a German senior officer who took great risks to protect Jews (in the Polish city of Przemysl) from deportation and the death camps: At the German … Continue reading